Corsair Community

Corsair Node Core + LL120 Issue

aeunexcore

Hi, I'm on my last leg here guys so I need your help. I can't seem to pinpoint where to start fixing the problem I'm having with my parts. I bought a brand new corsair 465x mid-tower case and it came with the corsair node core for the fans. I added 3 more fans into my build to fill in the two top areas of the case and the one in the rear. However, while testing the fan LEDs one fan at a time, I noticed that ports #5 and #6 are messed up. Look at the photos I attached below.

In the "Lighting Setup", I selected "LL RGB Series Fans" and "6 Fans are connected" but why is it that the port #5 and #6 are illuminating the same color? Port #5 should illuminate a somewhat purple light and port #6 is close to whitish-pink but unfortunately, both are illuminating purple from fan #5.

Now, I already got a replacement corsair node core from when I reached out to support a week ago. I actually received the replacement today but what got me even more aggravated is that the replacement part also has the same problem as the original one that I replaced. :mad: I tried the same tests I did to my original one with the LEDs and still no luck. I also switched where there USB cable is connected to. I have both node cores connected to my commander pro originally. Then today, I tried plugging in my replacement node core into my motherboard to see if that fixes the problem but it got worst because now all of a sudden, it's not detected by iCUE while its USB cable is connected to the motherboard.

I'm desperate at this point. I tried plugging in fans 1-5 into port #6 and they all showed the same lighting patterns when being tested. Fan #6, when plugged in to ports #1-5, shows to be working fine.

1548715168_Port5OuterRing.thumb.png.c564db2618ca25568b7bf72855517e62.png

433424944_Port6InnerRing.thumb.png.2a5bc00098a0b9943090f362a1152590.png

656219339_Port6OuterRing.thumb.png.a46c47cdd900c1df1d8f77db1a8a5c69.png

Edited by aeunexcore

Have you tried swapping the fans?

What happens if you try Instant Lighting? Rainbow? Pong?

- Swapping fans? I did that already.

- They all light up just fine "BUT" port #6 is ****ed up big time. Look at the attachment. Whatever lighting profile I do, fan #6 illuminate weird lightings and it's not always the correct pattern, if this makes sense.

So when you swapped the fans, you had the exact same behavior?

And what about the other effects? What do they do?

I did look at your pictures. I'm trying to suggest options to troubleshoot. Now, what it actually looks like is that you have non-LL fans on the Node Core - the LEDs are done by count on the hub. It doesn't send an independent control signal to each port. It sends the signal to port 1, which is then returned and sent to port 2 ... and so forth. They are daisy-chained. But that doesn't make much sense as that case, from what I saw, comes with LL fans.

Correct. Same behavior in port#6 no matter which fan I plug into it. Same with port #5. No matter what fan I plug into port #5, the outer ring bleeds to the fan#6 and it illuminates those LEDs in fan#6 in the picture. About the other effects, let's say if the inner ring illuminates a green and the outer ring is blue in fans 1 to 5, fan#6 will illuminate the green in 3 outer LEDs and the rest of the fan#6 illuminates the blue which is REALLY messed up.

Correct, I thought I bought all LL fans because the case comes with 3 pre-installed already. I don't know what to do anymore. Fans seem to work fine other than the port #6 in my replacement node core :(

Did you try Pong? Also, have you rearranged or rotated any fans in iCUE? (curious ... not aware of any issue with this but asking.)

Also ... try this.

Take the fan that's in port #4 and swap it with the fan in port #6.

The next step, however, is a tedious (but thorough) test of your fans. Let's see if we need to do that.

Did you try Pong? Also, have you rearranged or rotated any fans in iCUE? (curious ... not aware of any issue with this but asking.)

Also ... try this.

Take the fan that's in port #4 and swap it with the fan in port #6.

The next step, however, is a tedious (but thorough) test of your fans. Let's see if we need to do that.

I tried Pong. The fan LEDs just don't look right on port#6. Also, I have rearranged the fans in iCUE but nothing seems to be different.

I tried swapping #4 with #6. I also tried swapping the rest of the fans with #6 and no matter what fan I plug into that port, that fan will illuminate the same lighting pattern as the one I showed you on my attachment for port #6 outer and inner rings.

It really is behaving as if there's a different type of fan on the channel or it's misconfigured. But ... it's not. I've tested this, by the way, with a Lighting Node Core and 6 LL fans, using Firmware v 0.9.16 and iCUE 3.27.68 and the LL fans did light up properly over here. If it was a bug in the software, I should be able to reproduce the issue. I can't.

One easy option is to delete all of your configuration files. They are found in %AppData%\Corsair\CUE. Exit iCUE and wipe that folder; iCUE will rebuild everything.

Another question - if you configure the channel as QL-RGB fans, does everything light up?

Finally, we can make sure that every fan is good.

This is a process but, because of the way the fans operate, one bad fan earlier in the chain can muck up the entire thing.

First, set iCUE to only have 2 fans on the channel. And, in your case, we'll want to set an effect like "Sequential" because we want to make sure that every LED is getting addressed.

Now, take one fan and put it on port #1. Does it light up properly and in sequence? If so, put this on port #2.

From there, take each fan and put in in port #1. Does it light up properly and in sequence? How about the next fan? As the fans operate in series, both fans need to operate properly and in sequence for a fan to be "OK".

Go through all of the fans. Once you get to the end, take one of the "OK" fans and put that in port 2 and the fan that's been in port 2 should go in port 1. Check both fans for proper operation.

Another question - if you configure the channel as QL-RGB fans, does everything light up?

Finally, we can make sure that every fan is good.

This is a process but, because of the way the fans operate, one bad fan earlier in the chain can muck up the entire thing.

First, set iCUE to only have 2 fans on the channel. And, in your case, we'll want to set an effect like "Sequential" because we want to make sure that every LED is getting addressed.

Now, take one fan and put it on port #1. Does it light up properly and in sequence? If so, put this on port #2.

From there, take each fan and put in in port #1. Does it light up properly and in sequence? How about the next fan? As the fans operate in series, both fans need to operate properly and in sequence for a fan to be "OK".

Go through all of the fans. Once you get to the end, take one of the "OK" fans and put that in port 2 and the fan that's been in port 2 should go in port 1. Check both fans for proper operation.

As for assigning the fans as QL fans, only 2 lit up. Fans #3 and 5. However, if you assign 5 fans are connected as LL fans, all 6 of them lit up.

As for the long process, all fan LEDs work.

If you set the channel as QL fans, as long as you specify at least 3 QL fans, they should all light up (it's based on number of LEDs). If you only set 1 then yes, 2 will light up.

All 6 lighting up when specifying 5 LL fans just doesn't make sense. It shouldn't be putting out enough signal to light up all five. Again, it's based on the total number of LEDs.

And have you wiped the profile folder? Done a repair installation?

If you set the channel as QL fans, as long as you specify at least 3 QL fans, they should all light up (it's based on number of LEDs). If you only set 1 then yes, 2 will light up.

All 6 lighting up when specifying 5 LL fans just doesn't make sense. It shouldn't be putting out enough signal to light up all five. Again, it's based on the total number of LEDs.

And have you wiped the profile folder? Done a repair installation?

Setting 1-4 LL connected fans is working fine. They illuminate the correct fans when doing it this way but as soon as I set 5 fans, the 6th one lights up acting as a 5th fan also which is why I think it's the node core and not the fan that's the problem. But why is it also doing that to my replacement node core from corsair? Do I just keep getting the bad ones? :(

I wiped the folder twice and re-opened iCUE to reset everything but it didn't fix the problem. I tried to repair iCUE and that didn't work either. All I got was an error message that it can't be repaired. So last thing I did was to re-install the program. Unfortunately, that didn't fix the lighting pattern of my 5th and 6th fan as well. I'm almost out of options

https://imgur.com/wJJyVMJ

https://imgur.com/PasIO2y

EDIT: I can't fix this. I tried updating my BIOS and plugging in my corsair node core straight to it but that didn't do anything for me. Worst, the fan LEDs didn't light up and NC didn't get detected by iCUE.

Edited by aeunexcore

• 7 months later...

If anyone stumbles on this thread like I did. I think I figured out the issue as mine was exactly the same but with SP Pro RGB fans. Same behavior.

On the Lighting setup of your AIO, make sure you set the fan type to none. It was set to 2 ML Pro fans.

Since all 6 of my fans, including the 2 on the H100i RBG Platinum are connected to lighting node core, iCue was getting confused. I set those to none, then my "test" of 6 different colored fans output properly after a restart of iCue service.

I can finally get my looping rainbow to output properly. Thanks for the guidance in this thread to help me troubleshoot.