Corsair Community

570X mirror - need advice on CPU cooler

ecopsorn

Hey Zotty

I have put it all together but indeed I'm missing USB ports, so I gotta get that hub.

Will the Hub go between the Mobo and Commander Pro or into one of the two USB ports on the Commander pro?

I have it set up as follows Right now (Please confirm if that looks right or if I'm missing something):

1. Motherboard USB 1 to AIO
  2. Motherboard USB 2 to Commander Pro
  3. LED Hub with the case logo attached to LED1 channel of Commander Pro
  4. Lightning Strips (4x in two channels) into USB1 of Commander Pro
  5. Lightning Node Core for the 6 Case QLs into USB2 of Commander Pro
  6. MISSING: 3 AIO QLs attached to a second Lightning Node Core - would need to get attached to another USB

So I'd have to get that 9-Pin Hub, no big deal. However I'd like to have another free USB of the Motherboard to plug in something else (Wraith Prism RGB (not used for cooling, just for style). So when I understand it correctly, I Need the hub to be connected to the Commander Pro in order to Control all 9 QLs as well as the Logo and the 4 Ligntning Strips.

Doing that however, I won't be able to plug in the Prism Wraith USB because the 2 ports on the Mobo are used up by AIO and Commander Pro unless I buy 2 Hubs.

Another idea I had is to use a USB3 to USB2 cable. Something like this. But that cable Costs just 8$ less than another hub, so I might just get another hub and be set for the future?