Corsair Community

My mother board only has 1 USB 2.0 header

h0ray

I’m new to the forums and I was hoping someone can help. Recently built a PC in a SFF case. I have the h100i RGB XT pro but after a few weeks I decided I wanted RGB fans. I cannot return the H100i so I went ahead and just purchased a 3pck LL120 fans with the Lighting Node Pro. I only have 1 USB 2.0 and 1 3.0 USB header. I don’t have room for the commander pro nor the NZXT usb hub. I’ve seen USB 2.0 splitters on amazon but I’ve read it may not work. So now I’m seeking advice. I d also seen 3.0 female to 2.0 male adapter. Will this work?

There is a fan rgb splitter cable from third party providers. But I don't know if you blow out your H100i if it has to support 5 instead of 2 fans with power so no guarantees here. The best thing would be a commander but if it doesn't fit there's not much else than that.

Edit: sorry, I have been mistaken - the RGB XT doesn't come with RGB fans so of course it has no headers for it. The H100i Platinum does support 2 rgb fans naturally - maybe you can change the XT Pro for a Platinum and return the extra fans you bought? The Platinum comes with ML Pro rgb fans which are better than the LL fans in terms of performance but are not as fancy regarding rgb.

Edited by Infin1tum