Corsair Community

Corsair CO-9050068-WW HD140 140

memory_oc

I bought 2 of these fans because I wanted to jazz up my lighting effect

The lighting isn't working according to how it should

I put the rgb header on the mobo (ASUS), all it does is flicker white with one green led in the circle

Do I need the lighting node for these fans? If so, can anyone link me to the lighting node as I don't want to keep buying things only to end up being disappointed with buying new things

Yeah, don't connect these to MB RGB headers. The connectors don't match for a reason.

Unless you bought the dual pack of HD140 that has the thumb remote, you will need two things.

1) A lighting controller - This can be the Lighting Node Pro (LNP) or a Commander Pro (LNP + fan controller). This is the bridge between the fans and software.

2) RGB Lighting Hub - this is the physical power source for the fan lighting.

The LNP and Commander Pro are available through normal channels. The RGB Lighting Hub is more elusive. It comes in mutli-packs of the fans, so most people never need to by it outright. People with extras tend to sell them at extreme mark-ups, so watch what you pay. This is the Corsair product page.

Also, check out Zotty's guide below for general information. There are a lot of tricks, twists, and repetitive vocabulary.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

• Confused 1

Yeah, don't connect these to MB RGB headers. The connectors don't match for a reason.

Unless you bought the dual pack of HD140 that has the thumb remote, you will need two things.

1) A lighting controller - This can be the Lighting Node Pro (LNP) or a Commander Pro (LNP + fan controller). This is the bridge between the fans and software.

2) RGB Lighting Hub - this is the physical power source for the fan lighting.

The LNP and Commander Pro are available through normal channels. The RGB Lighting Hub is more elusive. It comes in mutli-packs of the fans, so most people never need to by it outright. People with extras tend to sell them at extreme mark-ups, so watch what you pay. This is the Corsair product page.

Also, check out Zotty's guide below for general information. There are a lot of tricks, twists, and repetitive vocabulary.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

I just want to clear this up

Is this the RGB Lighting Hub or Lighting Node Pro?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Case-Acc-Corsair-RGB-Fan-Noir/dp/B075GWMJ68/ref=pd_sbs_147_7?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B075GWMJ68&pd_rd_r=58f99c3b-cc24-4581-ad52-39b1277526ac&pd_rd_w=bBImx&pd_rd_wg=etDKO&pf_rd_p=2773aa8e-42c5-4dbe-bda8-5cdf226aa078&pf_rd_r=MJAM034F6QNAQFY6X3SZ&psc=1&refRID=MJAM034F6QNAQFY6X3SZ

An understatement to be sure. To compound things, there is another option called the Lighting Node Core that comes with QL fans. It is LNP and RGB Lighting Hub combined and it of course slightly larger to get both in one package. However, it is dead ringer for the RGB Lighting Hub. It's going to complicate things further once those start showing up on the market.

According to this video, I need only one

[ame]

[/ame]

This is so messed up, so glad I've cancelled my order

Corsair really needs to clarify this, it will end up costing us more money for items that are not needed

And the listing that I was going to order from, only suggested I get the hub rather than two items

And that was my point. Listings full of wrong or confusing information. Are you sending back the HD and getting a QL140 dual pack? If not, you still need the two items listed above. If you find some 3rd party selling a Lighting Node Core, it would work by itself. However, Corsair doesn’t sell it directly and I would be extremely careful you weren’t being sold a RGB Lighting Hub instead.

A Lighting Node Core is a single channel lighting controller and power source. The Lighting Node and Commander each are two channel controllers, but with no lighting power device. That is the RGB Lighting Hub.

And that was my point. Listings full of wrong or confusing information. Are you sending back the HD and getting a QL140 dual pack? If not, you still need the two items listed above. If you find some 3rd party selling a Lighting Node Core, it would work by itself. However, Corsair doesn’t sell it directly and I would be extremely careful you weren’t being sold a RGB Lighting Hub instead.

A Lighting Node Core is a single channel lighting controller and power source. The Lighting Node and Commander each are two channel controllers, but with no lighting power device. That is the RGB Lighting Hub.

I'm not sending the fans back but getting the RGB Lighting Hub and Lighting Node Pro as I can't find the commander Pro