Corsair Community

Upgraded to iCue, Can't fully uninstall Corsair Link

MoonFrost

attachment.php?attachmentid=34446&d=1540785009

Im having an issue in my startup folder specifically where I had a unidentified program running in startup, I found a setting to dig deeper to see what the program was and it's Corsair Link.

This isnt a big deal, I just like things tidy on my PC, and havent been able to figure out how to get this out of my startup section in windows.

Ive looked all over my pc and cant find remnants of it anywhere in my roaming folder, program lists, nowhere. I tried reinstalling Corsair Link, and it goes back to displaying the program name correctly in startup. Then I just tried to uninstall it again and it went back to displaying this, like it's supposed to be there but windows cant find it.

Any ideas?

Windows will allow you to see - and disable - programs that run at startup. You can go there.

Or, perhaps, reinstall Link (yet again) and then configure it to NOT run at startup and then uninstall.

I have disabled it, but it shouldn't be in that list after I've uninstalled.

However I didn't think about configuring it in the app itself to not run at startup before uninstalling it. Will try that when i get home. Hopefully that will remove it from the list of startup programs.

Or, perhaps, reinstall Link (yet again) and then configure it to NOT run at startup and then uninstall.

Solution found. Thanks!

Maybe someone will have same issue and will find this post helpful.

I reinstalled Corsair Link 4, unchecked the "Run at Windows Startup" in the app settings, and then uninstalled it. No more unidentified program in that startup list.

Thanks again.

Archived