Corsair Community

Corsair Virtuoso Wireless battery question

carlomontie

I've recently bought the headset, 1 day old as of posting this thread. I've installed the iCUE software and updated all firmware. Around 6-7 hours of usage from high battery status, the headset is already at low charge, and the RGB is even off(though I'm not sure if that affects the said 20-hour battery life). I haven't really tried draining the battery to see if it really reaches around 20 hours.

Does anyone know how much battery percentage is left with the headset when it warns you that the battery is low? Thank you.

I did charge it up until it has a high charge, though I'm not sure if it was fully-charged. 11 hours from high battery, I've got a critically low battery status, but I still decided to keep using it. After an hour, it somehow went from critically low to just low. I think my headset's battery charge isn't being properly displayed. I'll try to completely drain my headset and then charge it back up and see if it'll display a more appropriate battery charge left.

By the way, is it fine to keep the headset plugged in from a power outlet, fully-charged? I plan to charge it while I'm asleep and the FAQs said that it just takes 1-2 hours to fully charge the headset.

I would just let your computer charge it up via the +5v Standby Power. It will be less current and generally better than charging it faster and keeping it plugged in for hours, after it has been fully charged. A wall charger should be fine as Lithium Ion batteries require a protection circuit. Though that is purely my opinion and not from an official Corsair source.

• 5 months later...

I have the same problem. 6-7 hours at the most. From Full to critical.

Did you manage to fix yours?

EDIT: Anyone that is having this problem= Turn LED brightness OFF. or atleast lower it, in iCue!

I turned it off completely , now i get 18-19 hours From Full to shutdown! I kid you not.

I do think it's weird for them to ship the headset with the claim of 16hours whilst having LED brightness on 100% as default. There should be some kind of information in iCue that says the LEDs obliterate battery life.

I am now very happy with this headset.

Edited by Mrsbuklao