Corsair Community

Bad keycaps

I didn't wanna make this thread but I am after checking something.

Since I bought this k70 the keys fell off from time to time. I didn't really think much about it. but then the G key broke not long ago. so I got a new one sent out. but then the D broke so I used the second G key for it and decided you know what I'm gonna check my other keys.

And All of the keys are cracked. even the G they sent.

So i decided who not check the broken k95 this one replaced. those ones also have cracks. but wait there's one more in this house. oh that ones also cracked keys.

Three keyboards. one less then a year old. others also not that old.

Check your keyboard. dosn't matter what model. if theres a light white area on the cap's stud its a crack, two of these ones if you rub fingers across the keys they fly allover.

At this point I dont even want replacement caps. if the one they sent me already has a crack in it. all the new ones are just gonna crack aswell. its also not just the k70 and k95. the other ones a K68. I dont wanna have to keep bothering this companey and waiting forever for a cap every time a random one decides to break off

Yup the keycaps on the corsair keyboard are pretty much all terrible I have the k70 LUX RGB and the k70 MK.2 and they all broke within the year of purchase. I gave up on getting replacements at this point just get new keycaps from amazon or banggood and get a customized bottom row since corsair uses their own special snowflake keycap sizes.

I could do that but Id rather ditch this thing over doing that. if anything this companey should be the ones paying for that. this one keyboard was like $250 why should I have to spend more on key caps lol. id rather them offer to buy these things back off me

• 4 months later...

I have 3 Corsair keyboards:

Corsair MX Silent, Corsair K70 Lux, so I jumped for the K70 RGB mk.2 as soon as it was available.

Boy, was that a bad move. The first keycap broke after a week, then after a couple of months others keep randomly falling off. Never had this issue with the previous ones.

The dealer I bought it from wasn't rushing to replace it as a part of the warranty since he hasn't had any replacement caps. Now I would be happy to buy new ones to get rid of this issue - they are not cheap, but still a better solution than ditching the whole keyboard

attachment.php?attachmentid=41011&d=1618396867

cracked-keycap-corsair.thumb.jpg.6cfeb524f69eb136d446b0d144965ed1.jpg

Edited by noro

Hello, I bought a week ago the K70 MK.2 RGB and almost all the keycaps have cracks, and they come off easily.

Does this still happen with newer models? I hesitate whether to order a replacement from Amazon or whether to return it and buy another brand. It's a shame because I love the keyboard, but I don't want to order other replacements and have the same problem.

• 6 months later...

It happened to me too. I bought a K68 RGB in early September. Right when it arrived, I noticed some keys were already off. Since it's my first mechanical, I though it was normal. Then, some days later, some keys, ususally Esc, Shift or Ctrl, started to pop off. So I did some research and found some topics refering to cracks in the key stems. When I started to check mine, I noticed that a lot of keys have cracks. Didn't want to check all of them, tho, to avoid making a bigger mess. That's just sad, because it's not a cheap keyboard. At all.