Corsair Community

Asus P6T Deluxe and 2 kits of TR3X6G1600C8D with XMP?

carloscarroll

Initially, the P6T Deluxe (not V2) manual stated that for TR3X6G1600C9, due to Intel specs, no more than 3 slots should be populated to run w/ XMP profile (1600 Mhz). Currently, Asus QVL pdf states all 6 slots can be populated with this memory (=12GB total). Can someone confirm that one can run this board with 6 slots populated with TR3X6G1600C9 as XMP, or must one run this memory at slower speeds (1333 instead of 1600) when 6 slots are full, or with other settings (manual) to achieve 1600 speed? thanks

Download Memtest86+ V2.11 from--->

and extract the ISO image. Burn the ISO image to an CD-ROM disk.

XMP only works with two modules. Set two modules in the slots 2, 4, and 6, set to XMP, set your custom settings (RAID, etc. if any), shut the system down, insert the second set of modules. Boot to Memtest and allow for two full passes.

I have p6t deluxe and had a 6 gig kit of your same ram running at 1600. I bought another 6 kit and had some errors initially with bios 1102. I flashed to 1303 and it has run perfectly since. I use the xmp profile and i change voltage from 1.66 to 1.64 I have 12 gigs running fine at 1600. I made a mistake, i have TR3X6G1600c8d

• 1 month later...

Will there be an 8-8-8-24 12GB kit coming?

I too tried adding a second set of TR3X6G1600C8D's to my P6T (v1) a couple weeks ago, and I had memory stability issues. The first set were marked rev 2.1 and the second set was 3.1.

After poking around this forum and seeing advice for using a matched 12G set, I decided to return the newest modules and live with 6G for now. I wasn't exactly needing 12G yet, but I figured I might as well while prices were good - and before the TR3X6G1600C8D line went out of availability. (My last rig, I wanted a second set for 4G but they were discontinued and I couldn't find a used set for a reasonable cost.)

Anyhow - the question is - will Corsair be releasing a 12G matched set of the Dominator series?

Archived