Corsair Community

h100i pro temps with 8700k

Kitcatski

Hi guys,

Im wondering if the temperatues im getting with my h100i pro and 8700k are normal or not. I've had the cooler for about 4 or 5 months. So my 8700k is overclocked to 4.7ghz on all cores, and the ambient water temp on the cooler is about 30c and the cpu around the same. Now when I play a game like Assassins creed Origins, the cpu will sit around 30% load but the water temp will reach about 50C with the quiet preset on Corsair link. The CPU seems generally fine, around 65-70's but I feel like that is far too high for that little of a load. My GPU is a Red Devil 5700XT and I know that contributes to the temps in some way. Doing a Prime95 test was a little different, where after 10 mins I would reach around 47c water temps but the CPU will reach 90c and start to throttle. Is this normal or should I consider an RMA? I have tried repasting and reseating the cooler and setting the CPU header in bios to 100%.

Your coolant temp is the minimum possible CPU temp with zero voltage. You are boosting the cpu temp considerably when the coolant gets that high.

You need to stay off the Quiet 1100 rpm preset when gaming or running stress tests. There is a definite penalty that you may not recover from until the load stops. Bump it up to balanced before you start or just leave it there. However, as you crossed 40C, the pump should have kicked up automatically so I am not closing the book on this yet.

Odyssey has this peculiar cpu % cycling, but the actual cpu wattage is fairly low. When on my H115i Pro, coolant rise was about +4C. What are you doing with the fans? At 45-50C coolant temp, they should be screaming at you and most of your neighbors.

So I figured out the issue,

I actually had no intake at all in my case, 2 rear fans and the radiator fans also setup as an exhaust (very dumb of me). So there was no cool air actually getting to the radiator and then all the hot air from the gpu would go straight into it. I changed the radiator to pull in cool air as an intake, and I also uninstalled Link and got iCue and now everything is MUCH better. Under full load in a game or Prime95 the coolant temp only gets to the mid 30's and the CPU is much lower than before as well. The fan RPM on balalnced is also nice and quiet around 1200 rpm. Im actually kind of shocked at how much of a difference simply making it an intake made.

Thanks for the help!