Corsair Community

New K57 Lights not working

SalmonGram

I just bought the K57 yesterday, and it seems to potentially have a problem. Are the lights supposed to turn off when it's connected through Bluetooth or with the dongle? I guess I don't recall reading it would do that, and was under the impression that they would be active regardless of the the connection type. As of right now, they only light up when plugged in with the cable. The keyboard firmware and iCUE are both up to date, and I haven't seen any settings to turn them off or on while not plugged in.

I just got a brand new K57 in the mail today; I'm having the same problem.

I created a light profile, but as soon as I disconnect the USB cable, the profile doesn't seem to store in the keyboard, and the keyboard can't connect to iCue over wireless.

I can't seem to find any help on this anyplace on the web, so I assume it's something with my setup. I'm sure there must be a way to get the lighting profile to the wireless keyboard, or to connect to the profile wirelessly -- otherwise the keyboard would be useless unless plugged in.

I hope somebody can help.

Thanks!

Pretty garbage that this keyboard is advertised as being wireless RGB, when in fact it isn't. I even went through the manual, and do not see anything there that would even hint that the lighting will not work without being plugged in. I really wish I had known this before buying it, because I would have passed on it. Looks like I'll be returning it. Edited by SalmonGram

Pretty garbage that this keyboard is advertised as being wireless RGB, when in fact it isn't. I even went through the manual, and do not see anything there that would even hint that the lighting will not work without being plugged in. I really wish I had known this before buying it, because I would have passed on it. Looks like I'll be returning it.

I absolutely loved this keyboard... everything about it; especially Corsair's software. But, I had to return it for this reason (i.e. not being able to keep light profiles when wireless). I went out and purchased another wireless keyboard with onboard memory and I love it!!!

Some day, I hope Corsair develops a wireless per key RBG with onboard memory. If this model had Mechanical Keys and onboard memory, it would be the single ultimate keyboard and I'd gladly pay whatever they charged for it.

• 5 months later...

Im using the K57 along with the Dark Core SE.

I've imported custom profiles and they work on the mouse just fine, but the K57 must be plugged in for them to work.

I noticed in the profile all of the lighting effects are present when plugged in, but when I disconnect the USB they disappear.

Why could this be happening and how do i fix it?:confused: