Corsair Community

Running H100iGTX at Performance (fan & pump) for 20 hours?

ChrisPatrick

Hi,

Maybe this is ridiculous, but I typically run my H100iGTX on quiet (both fan and pump), however, while rendering out an animation, I’ll kick them up to performance (1860 rpm for the fan, 2880-ish rpm for the pump).

Well, this is a LOT noisier than I’m used to. I don’t mind the noise, but it sure sounds like that little guy is working incredibly hard. Is it ok to run it in performance mode for, say, a 20 hour render session?

Thanks for any thoughts!

You don't have to let those preset fan curves dictate your speed. They may not be appropriate anyway if you have a warm room. Regardless, you can measure how much fan or pump speed affects your end result with the coolant temperature. That is the direct effect of changes. +-1C of coolant temp = +-1C of CPU/GPU temp or whatever is being cooled. 1500 rpm is about the most I can take for 120mm fans and not for that long a period. You can use a fixed speed that is tolerable and compare coolant temps.

No, I am saying you can take manual control. If you think the cooler is working too hard, then we need to look at your coolant temperature. However, given the nature and duration of your task, it seems pretty likely you are near 40C coolant temperature triggering those speeds and corresponding real cpu temps near 80C.