Corsair Community

H150I/Obsidian 500D SE Major Confusion!

TheGameVIX

Good Afternoon everyone,

I know this question has been asked many times, and i apologize in advance for the repeated question.

I am still very confused and would like to optimize my new build, or at the very least get come confirmation that i have built it correctly.

PC Build:

I have a Corsair Obsidian 500D SE.

A H150I Pro AIO

Commander Pro

Corsair Lighting Link Controller.

ASUS TUF X570 Motherboard

Fan Configuration:

My AIO front mounted to my case with fans pulling cold air in.

Two top exhaust fans.

one rear exhaust fan.

The three AIO radiator fans are connected to the three pump headers from the AIO.

The other three exhaust fans connected to the commander pro on 4, 5 and 6.

The AIO USB connected to the Commander Pro.

The three pin from the AIO connected to the AIO_PUMP motherboard header.

All RGB's connected to the Lighting Link then connected to the Commander Pro.

Sorry if that was all to convoluted to follow, if so ill make sure to try to reword it to make it clearer.

BIOS Configurations:

I have the CPU_Fan Q Fan control disabled in BIOS

AIO_Pump Q Fan control set to enabled

PBO enabled

D.C.O.P Enabled

ICUE Configurations:

In ICUE, my three rad fans are set as balanced and increase with temp's average RPM's 900 no load 1400 RPM on load.(no custom curve).

The pump is also set on balanced (2040 RPM) does not increase with temperature (I would like for it too, no custom curve applied)

The three exhaust fans are set on balanced 1300 RPM no load 1700 max under load (no custom curve applied.)

Temp readout:

Ryzen Master: 35C idle, 74 in benchmarks

ICUE: Doesn't seem to show CPU temp only Liquid temp (not sure if this is intended?)

Questions:

1. The three rad fan's should they stay connected to the pump headers or should they connect to the Commander pro?

*if so are there any specific ports 1-6 that they should connect too?*

2. The three pin pump from the AIO, should that stay on the AIO_Pump header, or should that go to the CPU_FAN or CPU_OPT header?

3. Should I change any BIOS settings?

4. What general ICUE settings if any should i alter?

For reference i am attempting to follow the diagram mentioned below minus the LED strips and my Power Supply is not an I series PSU.

https://imgur.com/veQagHe

I know this is a very long post, I am coming from a very old build using a different AIO that connected to the Motherboard, and very little software control. So everything with the Commander pro, Lighting Link and a different AIO is all different (along with going from purely Intel to AMD CPU for the first time haha.

Thanks in advance for any advice, i can provide any pictures of my case or setup if needed.

Edited by TheGameVIX
Clarity

1. yes keep them on the pump. this ensures correct operation of your cooling system regardless of other hardware/software

2. doesnt matter. its only for reporting RPM to the motherboard

3. not needed

4. Dump Link. its EOL now buddy.. use iCUE ;)

1. yes keep them on the pump. this ensures correct operation of your cooling system regardless of other hardware/software

2. doesnt matter. its only for reporting RPM to the motherboard

3. not needed

4. Dump Link. its EOL now buddy.. use iCUE ;)

Awesome thank you for the reply, as for #4 my mistake i was referring to the lighting link hardware not the corsair link software. I have corrected my post for better clarity.