Corsair Community

H115i Platinum: USB reconnect every now and then, lighting goes crazy

momorious

Can you please test the following scenario:

Apply Arc to an LL fan connected to CoPro.

This 100% results in a deleted effect after switching to another profile and back to that profile. Arc is then gone from the effect list and the LL fans stay dark. Happens with every profile but only with Arc. Static color is totally fine...

This beta is really worse than the official one. Yes, USB disconnects are fixed (2 days in a row without a disconnect!) but this loss of Arc effect after every profile switch is even more annoying.......

I don't have a CoPro, I'm using a lighting node that came with the LL fans pack.

I'll test a few more light profiles and combinations tonight, but so far with the light profiles I use and under the scenarios I've tested it seems to be better in my use case.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi everyone, I would like to start distributing beta versions of iCUE v3.15 that contains some software workarounds to resolve this issue while our hardware vendor is investigating the issue. In our limited testing, we've been able to see that it resolves the issue but we'd like to increase the sample pool. Therefore, please private message me if you have this issue and would like to try the test build. This way, I can follow up with you if it works (or doesn't work) and get more data for the latter.

Note: At this time I do not need any logs or system information.

After running this beta of iCue 3.15.80 for a couple of days, it appears to have solved the USB disconnects for me so far. There are still a couple of errors being logged by iCue here and there (mostly after the monitor wakes from sleep), but the pump doesn't disconnect or reset and continues operation normally without messing up the fan speeds, pump speeds or lighting, even when running Steam, Game Controllers, Battlenet App or other things while crazy RGB effects including Spiral Rainbow are enabled that could reliably trigger the disconnects before. The cooler finally feels like it works as it should. ::pirate:: Edited by Glzmo

The only thing that still triggers "something" for me is a reboot. On login when services are starting up and desktop is loading I consistently get a USB disconnect/reconnect and an entry in event log for a failure of Corsair.Service.exe, with error code CLR20r3. After that, everything runs fine, so this is more of a WTF than anything else.

I've seen this error discussed in other threads and CorsairJames has said this is unrelated...but I'm not convinced. If that's the case, why the USB disconnect/reconnect at the same time?

The beta from Corsair has fixed my disconnect issue as well. Only issue is that it has caused an issue with my profile's "Ripple" effects for my keyboard. All of the lights on my keyboard dim when I press a key, when it normally just caused a quick ripple out from that keystroke.

I have run my cooler without usb cable or icue for a long time now with no problem....

But today the pump flickering in yellow instead of just white static light.....

So in my case it can not be just software?

EDIT:

I left the PC unplugged over night and today it is working again. This is wierd.....

Edited by quattromaniac

The beta hasn't solved my USB disconnect on boot up for me. I'm using a ASRock Z300 Phantom Gaming ITX/ac motherboard, so I'm beginning to wonder if the issue is between iCUE and this motherboard or if it is an Intel Z300 chipset issue. I also have the USB disconnect occur with Logitech's HUB software for my G Pro keyboard, again, only on the first boot up or execution program.

The beta hasn't solved my USB disconnect on boot up for me. I'm using a ASRock Z300 Phantom Gaming ITX/ac motherboard, so I'm beginning to wonder if the issue is between iCUE and this motherboard or if it is an Intel Z300 chipset issue. I also have the USB disconnect occur with Logitech's HUB software for my G Pro keyboard, again, only on the first boot up or execution program.
The disconnect on iCue startup/shutdown is likely as designed (likely some sort of workaround/"failsafe" that was implemented for some reason) and that behavior isn't changed in 3.15.80. The disconnects during iCue operation are fixed, though. It might still be a good idea for Corsair to change it so the cooler doesn't disconnect/reconnect on iCue startup/shutdown at all.

Hi guys!

I want to add another problem on top of the disconections when starting windows, when locking the session (Win + L), the keyboard and mouse on startup as well... But all of this is not a big issue so far... The one that is really annoying now is the microphone disconections... I have a Astro A50 Gen3 and its randomly disconnecting... Nothing happens if Icue app and service are disabled/off... And being forced to unplug/replug the headset base station everytime it happens and restart the game to refresh the sound settings (just changing them in options doesn't work)... This is really annoying... I thought my headset was dying but looks like hes not... :-/

This is such an annoying issue. Same is happening on my H115i ! I have disabled iCue from starting which is supposed to stop it.. so far so good but it is only been 15 minutes. Did not have any issues for 3 days that I have had this new unit installed.. as soon as I started gaming on a steam game all hell broke loose.

Yes, one week with 3.15 and no disconnects. So it's pretty safe to say it's fixed.

Glad to see that !

Any of you tried with latest AMD CPU (as 2700) and X470 chipsets ? I read it might be source of issue and also Steam ?

For me the disconnect issue seems to still persist on the latest iCue Beta 3.15.95 and the only way I can get it to work as intended is by configuring hardware lighting, then manually disabling the corsair service and not allowing iCue to start with Windows.

B350 Mobo + Ryzen 5 1600X

For me the disconnect issue seems to still persist on the latest iCue Beta 3.15.95 and the only way I can get it to work as intended is by configuring hardware lighting, then manually disabling the corsair service and not allowing iCue to start with Windows.

B350 Mobo + Ryzen 5 1600X

Yeah I still get disconnects with the beta iCue AND the H115i still does not show up in the software.