Corsair Community

CUE 2 instructions?

c3k

Folks,

I've got my new, glittery, K95 RGB keyboard. Great stuff.

I'm running CUE v2.4.66.

Okay, "running" is not accurate. It's open, but I have no friggin' clue how to use it. The instructions are...lacking.

I've been searching for two days and cannot find an online how-to or a clear set of instructions for CUE2.

How do I set up the lighting???

I -know- I'm not the first to ask this, which is why it's so frustrating that I have not been able to find the answer.

Thanks,

Ken

Another point...

When I reboot my computer, my K95 is red, with some keys white. That seems like a "default" lighting setup. Yet, no where in CUE2 is there any default profile.

It'd be nice to have somewhere to start...

Thanks. But, how do you SAVE your work and reload it, later?

How do you use the M1, M2, and M3 buttons so that they can create different color profiles?

How can you get the K95 to use lighting profiles based on a running game?

Im not sure what you mean but you need to save what you were doing with each lighting effect or macro.

M1,2,3 is just the first 3 profile in CUE when it is loaded or if CUE isnt loaded its the 3 profiles saved to the keyboard.

To save profiles to the keyboard click the hamburger icon next to the profiles and save to device. Only static lighting will be save to the keyboard.

When you create the profile there will be a option to link the profile to an .exe.

To add a target exe to the profile click the hamburger icon next to the profiles and edit profile.

Im not sure what you mean but you need to save what you were doing with each lighting effect or macro.

M1,2,3 is just the first 3 profile in CUE when it is loaded or if CUE isnt loaded its the 3 profiles saved to the keyboard.

To save profiles to the keyboard click the hamburger icon next to the profiles and save to device. Only static lighting will be save to the keyboard.

When you create the profile there will be a option to link the profile to an .exe.

To add a target exe to the profile click the hamburger icon next to the profiles and edit profile.

Thanks for the assist. Obviously, you understand this and I'm missing something...

Saving a profile to the keyboard: I don't have a Profiles menu in my Cue2. Nor do I see it in the videos you (helpfully) linked. I have three menus: Actions, Lighting Effects, and Performance.

In "Lighting Effects", I can create something. (Figured that out by trial and error.) It's simple: dim white keys, blue numbers, and alternating green and white Type Lighting ripple. That's my experiment. It works.

But, how do I have a SECOND or THIRD effect associated with M2 or M3?

I want all white keys most times. For some FPS games, I want the WASD keys red (let's say). For some RTS games, I want a bunch of keys highlighted in different colors. That's three basic uses. Is there any way to program each of those uses such that they can be used when I press M2 or M3?

Right now, if I open CUE, then the effect I have running will only work while that effect is up in CUE. If I try to create a new one (say the one for RPG games), then I'll lose the effect for typing.

Next to Lighting Effects is a hamburger. Opening it gives me a plus sign, a page sign, a magnifying glass, and a garbage can. Luckily there are floating tooltips. I don't want to add an effect, copy an effect (meaning what I've done?), I don't want to search, and I certainly don't want to throw it away. I want to SAVE it.

I hope I don't sound sarcastic. I'm trying to be descriptive. Great keyboard...missing some critical documentation. I think a pdf with some examples would go a long way. (The linked videos helped. There is a corsair intro pdf, but it is for CUE1, not CUE2, and there are a bunch of differences in the UI.)

Thanks,

Ken

• 4 months later...

Any further word on this? I have the CUE2 software, and a google search for a manual only turns up this thread. Is there an actual manual for this software? I'm not interested in looking at videos, I want a pdf with a table of contents, please.

Does this exist?? Or should I take my keyboard back to microcenter?

Any further word on this? I have the CUE2 software, and a google search for a manual only turns up this thread. Is there an actual manual for this software? I'm not interested in looking at videos, I want a pdf with a table of contents, please.

Does this exist?? Or should I take my keyboard back to microcenter?

See under inheritance profile, there is a link to his own Manual.

http://bit.do/CUE2M See this link.

Corsair has done squad all towards a manual. There is one available for release 1.x.x., not workable for 2.x.x.

• 1 month later...
I Have had the K95 RGB for a few weeks, and still cannot find any workable documentation on how to set a key to a specific constant and always on color. No wave, or ripple or any rain, just so I can easily identify TYPES of actions that I have programmed. Why does it have to be so difficult???? WHY NO INSTRUCTION MANUAL. Why links to videos that don't explain things. Why must I be a detective. I paid my money, why can't I use it already??? Wasted hours on this research. Even signed up to Corsair, and cannot log in with the pw that they just sent me. Nothing but error messages. What's up ? If no one can help me in the next week, I am returning this and the mouse and that's a wrap!!! Give me help on this NOW!

I Have had the K95 RGB for a few weeks, and still cannot find any workable documentation on how to set a key to a specific constant and always on color. No wave, or ripple or any rain, just so I can easily identify TYPES of actions that I have programmed. Why does it have to be so difficult???? WHY NO INSTRUCTION MANUAL. Why links to videos that don't explain things. Why must I be a detective. I paid my money, why can't I use it already??? Wasted hours on this research. Even signed up to Corsair, and cannot log in with the pw that they just sent me. Nothing but error messages. What's up ? If no one can help me in the next week, I am returning this and the mouse and that's a wrap!!! Give me help on this NOW!

id suggest looking at this manual http://bit.do/CUE2M

I Have had the K95 RGB for a few weeks, and still cannot find any workable documentation on how to set a key to a specific constant and always on color. No wave, or ripple or any rain, just so I can easily identify TYPES of actions that I have programmed. Give me help on this NOW!

The lighting effect you want is called STATIC, and you can drag a rectangle on the picture of your keyboard to select the keys to which you wish the color to be applied, and then, holding down the CTRL key, you can use your primary mouse button (left) to click on keys to toggle the application of the color.

Note that you can save your static lighting (and performance options) to the onboard memory of the K95 RGB keyboard, so once you've finished programming it with CUE, you will not need to run CUE at all, if you just want a single profile.

Alternatively, you can have multiple profiles, and associate each one with a different program, and when that program's window is in the foreground, the associated lighting will be performed.

Archived