mjaafar

Hi

I'm hoping someone could advice me on how to best make use my H115i

I currently have it set to quiet, but i's anything but. Is this normal

Here's a screenshot I have from the Corsair link software

attachment.php?attachmentid=36796&d=1571337531

Capture.thumb.JPG.131d1be8a31b23f7dcf7409604dffe2d.JPG

Edited by mjaafar

Are you sure the fans are set to Quiet? 1860 rpm is about the 100% max on those fans with radiator resistance. If the fans are always there or essentially stuck, pop the two fan connectors of the splitter on the pump and then reconnect them on the opposite connector --- swap them. Only one has the 4th pin for control and sometimes you get a bad connection.

At ~29C, your fan speed on quiet should probably be around 800-900.

Are you sure the fans are set to Quiet? 1860 rpm is about the 100% max on those fans with radiator resistance. If the fans are always there or essentially stuck, pop the two fan connectors of the splitter on the pump and then reconnect them on the opposite connector --- swap them. Only one has the 4th pin for control and sometimes you get a bad connection.

Thanks for the advice, it worked a treat

attachment.php?attachmentid=36799&stc=1&d=1571350214

fixed.thumb.jpg.95c2c358a62188dd1cdabdba812d8648.jpg

Any advice on what I can do about the other fins, seems corsair link doesn't have control over them. any recommended software I can use that won't interfere with Corsair Link.

Thanks

The other fans appear to be motherboard powered and thus BIOS controlled. You will you to set it there. On an Asus Z270, you should have decent options. AI suite (Fan Xpert) is the desktop software control for your motherboard, but I would most certainly exhaust all BIOS options first. Even when it is the only program running, AI Suite tends to cause problems and I recommend against letting it overclock for you.

The other fans appear to be motherboard powered and thus BIOS controlled. You will you to set it there. On an Asus Z270, you should have decent options. AI suite (Fan Xpert) is the desktop software control for your motherboard, but I would most certainly exhaust all BIOS options first. Even when it is the only program running, AI Suite tends to cause problems and I recommend against letting it overclock for you.

Thanks, I'll give your suggestion a go

Thanks for the recommendation, tried the bios route couldn't to get it to work.

but the your recommendation of fan Xpert did the trick.

Just one question, if I'm playing a AAA game, like Shadow of the Tombraider, which needs processing power will Fan Expert accommodate it, or do I have to make changes manually.

What missing from the graphs above is the control variable. I am sure it defaults to CPU temp, but that is not a great choice since it has nothing to do with case ambient or exhaust temperature. The purpose of you main intake/exhaust case fans is remove the warmer air heated by the internal components and replace it with cooler air from the outside of the case. Case internal ambient temperature is always going to be the minimum hardware temperature. Can't have 30C CPU temp is a 40C air temp case.

I used to run my X99 from VRM temp since closely mimicked load, albeit with a more steady rise and fall appropriate for case fans. I know that is not a choice on most Z270 boards. So what's left? You might be able to do GPU temp which is a decent choice, but in the past Asus has only allowed this work if your GPU was also Asus. I don't think your board has a temp sensor for air temp (T-sensor). That can be used as an exhaust temp measure or on the H115i to mimic coolant temp so the front fans can match the top fans.

If everything else fails and you start with CPU temp, keep on those 12 sec spin up/down delays. They are crucial. The problem was they didn't always work, particularly with the CPU fan header. Now the H115i is likely connected to that and it's "dummy header" requires no control.

Also be aware that once you start running AI Suite, be very careful about changing BIOS settings that are also controlled by AI Suite. The software tries to override without overwriting. That means you change it in the software, but won't see it change in the BIOS. Fiddling with BIOS settings (particularly overclock power/voltage settings) that are then commanded by the software is a fast track to boot loop. That is not fun.