Corsair Community

Windows not Recognizing VOID Wireless as 7.1

DerrHans

Hi, i just got my VOID today.

Installed latest CUE and Firmware is 36.08..

My Windows 7 (ultimate) doesnt recognize the headset as 8 channel.

I can only select 2 channel in windows, the Dolby option is active in CUE (blue icon) but i dont see a LED lit up on my Mic ?

Hey DerrHans,

First, uninstall CUE and make sure to check the "delete saved settings for all users" box.

Go into your Device Manager in Windows, go under "Sound, video and game controllers" and find "Corsair VOID RGB Wireless Gaming Headset".

Right click "Corsair VOID RGB Wireless Gaming Headset" and select properties.

Under "Driver", click "Uninstall".

Reset your system, reinstall CUE, reset your system again. You should have the correct driver allowing you to see your headset as a 8 channel device.

Hey DerrHans,

First, uninstall CUE and make sure to check the "delete saved settings for all users" box.

Go into your Device Manager in Windows, go under "Sound, video and game controllers" and find "Corsair VOID RGB Wireless Gaming Headset".

Right click "Corsair VOID RGB Wireless Gaming Headset" and select properties.

Under "Driver", click "Uninstall".

Reset your system, reinstall CUE, reset your system again. You should have the correct driver allowing you to see your headset as a 8 channel device.

I did what you said, now windows doesnt see the correct driver (exclamation mark in front of it).

I uninstalled the driver...

Windowns now recognize the headset with windows default drivers (2 channels), headset works just not 8 channels.

When i search for new drivers in the device manager and browse to the Driver map in the Corsair Utility folder (program files (x86) and tell windows to install these drivers. Windows doesnt recognize the headset anymore and i get the exclamation mark again.

Any idea ?

I uninstalled the driver...

Windowns now recognize the headset with windows default drivers (2 channels), headset works just not 8 channels.

When i search for new drivers in the device manager and browse to the Driver map in the Corsair Utility folder (program files (x86) and tell windows to install these drivers. Windows doesnt recognize the headset anymore and i get the exclamation mark again.

Any idea ?

Wait... you didn't update the drivers through CUE the 2nd time? Could you provide screen shots on the exclamation mark that you're mentioning?

I did that, than i get the screen shot.

Only way to make the headset work is to use the basic Windows USB headset drivers by uninstalling driver in Device Manager and search for new hardware (finds headset, installs the windows USB headset drivers automagically). Headset Sound is great just not able to 7.1 atm.

My windows install is pretty darn old, and I decided to reinstall and make the upgrade to 10 this weekend (damn you headset, look what you did to me!).

If i have the same issues ill post again..

Hi DerrHans,

I think I have the same problem as yours. I got the device working after installing CUE following yuppicide method: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=152514

Which is same thing that what you've done. It's just that I then realized that although the device is working, it's not using the supposed driver..I assume?

The lighting function works fine. The device does exactly like the preview in CUE.

But the sound features are not. So, just like you, I don't have the surround function. Not just that, I'm quite sure the EQs don't function also. I don't notice any sound difference when I change between EQ presets. Do you experience this too?

To make sure, try this:

Modify one of the preset, 'Pure Direct' for example, by lowering the 3 most-left sliders (bass area) all the way down, while doing the opposite for the treble area, all the way up. Then while listening, change the preset to "Bass Boost". Do you notice any difference?

Those two presets are extremely different, but In my case, I don't hear any difference.

I do hear the feedbacks (the different beeping counts when preset change), but the sound is still the default, and is stereo.

Changing OS is hardly a solution I think, afterall, between the 3, isn't that Win7 is already the most stable of all. And fyi, I did updated my Windows 7 (x64)

I think this is software issue.

Any update from Corsair?

My windows 8.1 doesn't recognize the headset as a 7.1 headset, but I'm still getting surround sound.

Should I leave it as is or should I try to get windows to see it as 7.1?

Oh, another thing is I'm still getting surround even when the Dolby Surround button in CUE is deactivated. Is this normal?

Well, I already migrated to Win 10, and everything's functioning well now.

So case's closed for me, at least for now.But i really think there's some compatibility issue with Win 7 that Corsair team should check.

To check if Windows recognize the 7.1 headset:

Right click on the sound icon on the bottom right taskbar and choose "Playback Device".

Click on the VOID headset section and click the "Configure" or "Properties" and find the "Test" button.

If it's 7.1, you should hear 8 consecutive sounds in your headset (left, right, middle, left, right, left, right, middle). If you only hear 2 of them (left, right) and the test stopped, then windows recognize your device as stereo (2.0 or 2.1 channel)

I did this in Windows 10, but i think this function already exist in from W7.

Hi all,

I am new to the forums here and I am not sure if this is the right place to post this but it seems the most general place for this problem.

I recently purchased the Void RGB wireless, followed the installation instructions but when I would install the CUE software my headset would no longer show in the "playback devises" and I would get the yellow exclamation in the device manager. The software would see the dongle but I could not pair them. As soon as I would uninstall the software the headset would work again (in stereo default drivers).

(On a side note, before I purchased these I returned a set of Turtle Beach Stealth 450 headphones for this very same problem. I could not get them to work.)

After hours(a couple of days even) of trying dozens of different things the headset wouldn't even turn on(nothing), no blinking lights,etc. So now I am stuck with the Bootloader mode problem and can't even get the software to see the headset.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=152196&highlight=Void+RGB+wireless+headset

(this is the link to this problem if you need it)

After updating Mobo drivers, disabling on board sound card, disabling Nvidia's HD audio(just to eliminate things), nothing worked.

Here is my fix: I starting looking into windows update. When I installed Win7 Ultimate a few months back I, apparently did not set windows up to automatically update. So after about 3 hours of updates I started fresh with the Void RGB install.

When I first started I just plugged the headset in to the USB charging cable. Windows installed a different driver right off the bat(I don't remember exactly the name Av something or the other). Then I installed the CUE software(the newest from Corsair). My headset will still not turn on at this point. I unplugged the USB charging cable and plugged it back in and windows installs the new drivers for the software and this time I did't get "driver installation failed", It works.In the CUE software, I then go to settings, device, update firmware. During this the headset comes back to life, updates firm ware, and all I had to do was re-pair the headset. Sorry about the length, but long story short make sure windows is 100% up to date.

Hope this will help!

Edited by Jshantz77

Someone pointed to me to a thread on here to see if mine is 7.1 or 2 channel.. mine also shows up in Windows as 2 channel.. yet when I play a game that uses 5.1, I can definitely tell where people are coming from pretty well.

Maybe my ears got used to the headset? Would be nice if it would do 7.1 though so I can see what I am missing out on.

If you right click on you your speaker in the bottom right of your screen and select playback devices. Highlight your headset and select properties. Under the advanced tab there is a test function. If you have 7.1 surround you should get 8 different sounds. If it's just 2 then it's not in 7.1.

Check in the CUE and see if the Dolby symbol is lit up blue.

Edited by Jshantz77

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

Im facing the same problem but its fixed for me... not sure that it works or not for you all but u can have a try....

First go to device manager (right click on "My Computer" then " Propertise" and click on "Device Manager"

Find the Corsair Void RGB [smth like that] driver and right click it and click propertise

go to Driver and click " Update Driver"

click "Browse my computer for driver software" and click on " Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer "

Fyi, Im running on Windows 7 and this method fixed my problem...

and you will find out two driver that you can choose.... first one gonna be Corsair Void drive and the second one will be " USB audio device [select this one] " and click next and close

hope this method helps.... if cant help... im sorry guys...

Edited by adaxlim

• 3 months later...
Hi all,

Im facing the same problem but its fixed for me... not sure that it works or not for you all but u can have a try....

First go to device manager (right click on "My Computer" then " Propertise" and click on "Device Manager"

Find the Corsair Void RGB [smth like that] driver and right click it and click propertise

go to Driver and click " Update Driver"

click "Browse my computer for driver software" and click on " Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer "

Fyi, Im running on Windows 7 and this method fixed my problem...

and you will find out two driver that you can choose.... first one gonna be Corsair Void drive and the second one will be " USB audio device [select this one] " and click next and close

hope this method helps.... if cant help... im sorry guys...

thanks bro it's work :D

• 1 month later...

I am on Windows 10. I can hear 8 sounds during the test, but the "Default Format" pull-down menu is still greyed out. Performing the steps to do a clean reinstall has no effect, either.

If you switch it to the USB Headset driver, however, all you have access to is 2-channel sound, not 8...

From what I can tell, the headset's latest firmware is the problem.

Edited by Hyncharas

• 3 years later...

I have the same issue on bootcamp windows 10. The Corsair driver won't install however I go about it.

If I install the iCUE software I lose all functionality. Without it I can use the headset in stereo mode.

I also get and error in the software saying macro execution is not working properly.

Would appreciate any help.