Corsair Community

Got the A500 the day it launched, Using it with my AMD 3950X, Performs nicely, I don't run silly overclocks so the performance is adequate for me, 1 thing I wish Corsair gave us is colour choices for the removable faceplate, They didn't so I modified mine.

While the stock grey is nice enough I have an all black build so I removed the faceplate and unscrewed the plastic mounting part and mesh assembly.

I started by doing a basic dry sand of the surface, I then washed it and moved onto wet sanding just to remove as much of the grey as possible and give the paint something to bite onto.

I washed it again and then dried it using a microfibre cloth, I set it on top of a 1" thick metal cylinder and started to paint it black using some black engine enamel, All in all I gave it 7 light coats, 2 for the top, 1 for each of the sides at the base and a final little coat on top, Waiting roughly 60 minutes between each coat.

After it had dried for 24 hours I put it into a pre-heated oven at 250'c for 60 minutes, As this specific paint is engine enamel it needs heat to cure properly and create a protective surface.

Quite happy with the finished product after screwing the mesh/mounting assembly back on and while I really enjoy modding it would be cool if Corsair came out with different coloured faceplates.

OeyW2eW.jpg