Corsair Community

H50:Existing metal backplate -- what do I do?

ocprgmr

I have a IPIBL-LA motherboard that was in an HP Pavilion Elite m9047c Desktop PC, that I moved it over to a new roomier case, bigger power supply, better case fans and better video card. I was surprised to find it was running hotter that before in the smaller case.

I've decided to install the H50. I pulled the motherboard to install the backplate when I noticed that it already has a metal backplate. I'm not sure what to do at this point. Any suggestions? I need to get this solved fairly quickly at this is my "work" pc.

THANKS!

"Specs" for motherboard:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documentSubCategory?tmp_rule=33811&tmp_task=prodinfoCategory&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=3623090&key=null&site=null

Backplate.JPG.ed371b6ab1c1d4b63a2238e19d5efcbf.JPG

It has similar metal pins with interior threads that are pushed from the back towards the front. I think before I can try to loosen any adhesive (if there is any since there are any screws) I need to get those pushed back out. Any suggestions for how to do that safely? What tools to use, etc.?

Figured it out.

1) I found some motherboard screws that fit and screwed them in lightly and then placed a small phillips screwdriver on top of each one individually and lightly tapped several times from the front of the mobo after placing over a hastily constructed cradle. This was enough to loosen it.

2) I then turned it over and gently heated it as you suggested and was able to get it off. It had an extremely thin double sided piece of tape.

Thanks again.

:)

Archived