Corsair Community

Changing Earpads on Virtuoso

Blacksad

Hey there!

The #1 complaint across all forums/reviews about these are the comfort level of the Headphones.

I was interested in swapping out the earpads for something like the Beyerdynamic velour earpads, which are known for being exceptionally comfortable.

Has anyone tried this or have any advice on the subject? I know you can rotate the earpads to remove them after some research. Maybe Corsair will make a different attachment option. I'm considering modifying these like a number of people I have seen on Reddit, but would rather not void the warranty or risk breaking them.

You could get a spear pair of earpads and modify those to keep your warranty. I actually find the earpads ok, I find the head band less comfortable. When I got my Virtuoso, for the first month I was getting head pain because of the head band having very little foam. When I comparted the head band to my previous headset which was HyperX Cloud Pro, the HyperX felt thousand times better and had way more foam. If you give the head band a feel, there's only little foam on the inner side of the band and on the sides, you can just feel the plastic right under the thin leather-like material.

I would, but it doesn't appear they sell them. Not anywhere I can find, anyhow. The cups use a proprietary latch from what I've read, so you can't just put any ear cups on there.

Yeah, I've heard that about the headband. Been looking for covers for that too, but I'll wait until I test it out to decide if I go that route.

Regarding getting spares, I wanted to get a spare Slipstream dongle for my headset so I can use them with my desktop and with my laptop without swapping the dongle between them, I contacted corsair support to ask where I can buy a spare Slipstream dongle because I couden't find them anywhere and they told me they will just send me a spare one for free under the warranty. Not sure if they do this regulary or they understood you can't buy extra slipstream dongles anywhere. I guess you could try the same, maybe they will do this for you aswell. They did actually end up sending me a slipstream dongle for free and now I have two. Edited by RustyBender