Corsair Community

K70 Lux RGB USB question

FuzzyWolf

So I just bought a Corsair K70 Lux RGB with the red switches, and it got 2 USB plugs. I've read in the forum that only one is required for both powering the keyboard and for USB passthrough if it is plugged into a USB 3.0 port, but need both plugged in if it is plugged in the usb 2.0 port. While others said that one is for passthrough and the other for power/keyboard functions. So which is true?

Second question is, does the passthrough only do USB 2.0 speed? Currently I have both plugged into a USB 3.0 port but when testing my usb with crystal disk mark, if I plug the keyboard to either usb 2.0 or 3.0 my speed are the same.

Third question, if only one is required to be plugged in when using usb 3.0 port is it okay to have both of them plugged in? This is primarily for aesthetic reason because have one usb unplugged would bug me looking at it hanging. And would it be better or if it would not make any difference if I plug both either on USB 3.0 or USB 2.0? Mainly asking this because I heard USB 3.0 could provide more power than usb 2.0 so was wondering if it is better to plug both into USB 2.0 port rather than USB 3.0 port.

1. USB requirements only apply to the first-gen RGB keyboards, This does not apply to your keyboard.

2. Yes, if i recall correctly, it is USB 2.0 port.

3. Yes, you will have to use both connectors as one is for the keyboard and the other is for the passthrough port. The USB type (2.0/3.0) will not matter.

1. USB requirements only apply to the first-gen RGB keyboards, This does not apply to your keyboard.

2. Yes, if i recall correctly, it is USB 2.0 port.

3. Yes, you will have to use both connectors as one is for the keyboard and the other is for the passthrough port. The USB type (2.0/3.0) will not matter.

Thanks for the reply and clarification!

Archived