Corsair Community

Keys feel too sensitive

n00dle

Hi everyone,

So I'm really happy with the general look and feel of my K70 Rapidfire Keyboard. Only downside is they weren't kidding with Rapidfire. It feels like I can type a sentence by blowing on my keys. I barely have to touch them to make them register which often causes the sheer weight of my fingers to suddenly make me jump in a game. Or the WASD controls are close to the caps-lock so the capslock is always on just because my pinkyfinger is in the way.

Is there a software solution to this problem? So I have a sort of deadzone set up of 20%? Or should I just exchange this keyboard and go back to.. *Shudder* Razer?

Love to hear from you soon!

i got two of these keyboards. I got both the rapid fire version and the mx red version over the weekend. So far I love the lower bottoming out distance on the rapid fire, However I can't stand that the keys actuate at the very top of the key travel. caps lock has been pressed on accident in games quite a few times already. I tend to bottom out my keys when typing and gaming so when it actuates doesn't matter as much as the shorter bottoming out distance. I don't know if its just me or the models I purchased, but I feel like the reds get a little tougher toward the end of the key press. I might end up keeping the reds and just add O rings to match the bottoming out of the rapid fire switch.

No, it's a mechanical function and software won't help. You'll have to make a decision about which direction to go. You will adapt after a few weeks and things (and errors) will smooth out. On the other hand, if you know you're stubborn and don't want to change, save yourself the frustration and pick a different key type. After six years on Cherry Brown switches, I never would have guessed I would like the Rapidfire switches, especially since typing takes priority over gaming. After two months of alternating keyboards, it was clear the RF was considerably less fatiguing and my fingers still have something left at the end of a long day of work. It took a little while, but the lighter touch is good for the keyboard and me. You'll have to decide what's best for you. As suggested, you might try the standard Reds or even Browns in the K70 LUX.

is it just me or do the rapid fire switches all feel smoother than the reds? My new reds feel a bit scratchy when pressing slowly, the rapid fire just feels smooth. I'm starting to get used to the rapid fire and i'm making fewer mistakes typing. I might give a few more days before making my decision on red vs rapid fire.

i got two of these keyboards. I got both the rapid fire version and the mx red version over the weekend. So far I love the lower bottoming out distance on the rapid fire, However I can't stand that the keys actuate at the very top of the key travel. caps lock has been pressed on accident in games quite a few times already. I tend to bottom out my keys when typing and gaming so when it actuates doesn't matter as much as the shorter bottoming out distance. I don't know if its just me or the models I purchased, but I feel like the reds get a little tougher toward the end of the key press. I might end up keeping the reds and just add O rings to match the bottoming out of the rapid fire switch.

I personally really like the reds with 50A 2mm o-rings. 50A are a little but harder than the 40A ones you will find which always felt squishy to me. I came from an Apple Aluminum keyboard and the longer travel on the reds caused me to have a ton of typing errors, the o-rings solved that.

I wound up sticking with the rapidfire. I actually type better with it than the regular reds once i got used to it. What's weird is that instead of type errors i keep accidentally pressing keys when gaming. especially the D key. that one seems to have a hair trigger.

Archived