Corsair Community

HS1 appears to make my computer dumb

Guldfisk

Okay so I got a new computer today and it is brand new, from the store.

I purchased parts which I built it with.

Anyway, my problem is that, whenever I have the Corsair HS1 drivers activated my computer acts like a retard and constantly freezes, I tried to deactivate the HS1 program and the sound card in the device manager and restarted the computer, now everything works fine. I got the headset about 1½ year ago and it worked fine with my last computer.

What went wrong with headset enabled:

I could not do anything in the options in mumble, with them disabled I could, except I can't hear stuff with headphones unplugged.

I could also not start steam, again with them disabled it worked.

I couldn't even shut down the computer, it got stuck at "windows is shutting down" and then I had to hold the power button, note, it didn't hang just refused to shut down but without the headphones in and sound card disabled it worked.

My computer specs are:

GPU: Asus Eah HD 6670

Motherboard: Asus M5A87

Power supply: Corsair CX600

CPU: AMD Phenom II Black edition

Memory: 4 GB Corsair (cannot remember the entire name)

I also did try to disable the in built sound card and just go with the HS1 but that still didn't work.

Please help because replacing these headphones would be sad, they're really good and they were expensive.

Thanks in advance.

I actually have the same problem, I'm using the USB3 ports on my win 64 computer. I removed the drivers and reinstalled them... same prob. It works at start up... once I load VLC or try to change the sound settings, my system will freeze. HS1 actually works fine on my macbook in winxp 32bit.

BTW I am using p8Z68V Pro... I wonder if the realtek audio drivers are interferring?

Edit... I really think HS1 doesn't like USB3 ... I swapped to USB2... working fine.

• 3 weeks later...
I am having the same problem with mine. I got it today, installed the drivers and all of a sudden I experience freezing and other issues. When I go to shutdown my computer it just gets to the shutdown screen and just sits there I have to shut down the power my self. When I attempt to click the sound bar and change my recording options it freezes. Is their an older driver I could use to allow it to work?

Go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Sound and post a screenshot of what Windows think the device is.

Try uninstalling Realtek drivers and restart your computer. Once you are on your desktop Windows will automatically install Microsoft Drivers. Go to device manager and right click>uninstall the HS1 (if it is there). Unplug your HS1 usb and restart your computer. once you are on the desktop plug the HS1 in a USB port and Windows should automatically install the driver for you. Test to see if it works.

It turns out I had updated the drivers from windows and also didnt follow installtion instructions to the tee. Everything is working correctly now. I had another issue where my mic sounded like I had a fan blowing behind me but I read a few threads and I hopefully fixed that issue also.

once you are on the desktop plug the HS1 in a USB port and Windows should automatically install the driver for you. Test to see if it works.

This is sort of correct. Windows will install a generic driver. But it will not install the native HS-1 drivers. The generic driver will not allow the HS-1 to function as well as it should be.

This is sort of correct. Windows will install a generic driver. But it will not install the native HS-1 drivers. The generic driver will not allow the HS-1 to function as well as it should be.

yes, but when its working they would install the HS1 drivers. then the onboard driver. to see if they would work with each other or only the Microsoft and HS1.

• 2 months later...

Something is very wrong with how you tried to install it then. I have Windows 7 x64 and the original and the newer driver both installed fine.

(Besides the minor issues of rebooting after uninstalling the first one, but that is a very old issue that was resolved when they added the instructions to the download link.)

x64 is not the problem. Something has either been done wrong, or your system is simply messed up in some way.

Archived