Corsair Community

EK-HD PETG Insert 10/12mm for PETG and Corsair Fittings

newfiend

I'm starting a water cooling loop for my PC. I decided to use PETG tubing that matches the same ID and OD as the Corsair tubing. Since I'm new to this I decided to use PETG for my first build.

I ran across these in my research .. EK-HD PETG Insert 10/12mm. they insert inside the end of the PETG tube to add rigidity to the end of the tube that inserts into the fittings.

Has anyone used these here and do you know if they will work fine with Corsair aka (Bitspower) fittings?

I'm not trying to set off a sprinkler inside my PC with my first loop so I was hoping to get some input. :laughing:

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-hd-petg-insert-10-12mm-10pcs

Thanks,

newfiend

Thanks for the input Nazgul. I actually got my PETG in different lengths and not the EK brand PETG specifically. It is 12/10 PETG and I ordered the EK inserts that fit 12/10.

Any reason you recommend the 14/10 vs 12/10?

And I am I understanding that you did in fact use the inserts with the PETG and Corsair fittings without issue?

Thanks.

newfiend

I didn't use any inserts, and I've never heard of "inserts" till now and watched lots of youtubers tutorials and they never mentioned any "potential" issues or risks for using 12/10 or PETG.

But I did get the 14/10 with Corsair fittings and everything worked fine.

I don't know but IMO the reason why you'd need those "inserts", it's if you put the pipes under a lot of either pull or push pressure, meaning if the pipe is too long and you're forcing it up against the fitting or if it's too short and you're pulling it from the fitting.

Me, I did cut precisely and used and leveler to make sure the pipes were leveled, but I used angled fittings, not a single bend, I'm too lazy too bend.

This is my setup: https://forum.corsair.com/v3/attachment.php?attachmentid=36886&d=1572962888

Edited by Nazgul

The inserts for the PETG tubing were designed especially for the thin tube wall models (10/12) that are prone to deformation when exposed to high temperatures (40°C and above). The deformation rate depends on the duration and maximum temperature reached. These temperatures can be reached with pump failures, water block clogging, etc.

In a best case situation this wouldn't be an issue but things can happen

(pump failure, clogged water block etc) that can increase temps. I'm just trying to make sure I don't ruin all my brand new hardware which I spent all summer paying for. I figured If I could use these and help keep the tube from failing (leaking) in case something happens it would be worth using them.

I just was wondering if they would work with corsair fittings. I don't really see why they wouldn't but was hoping someone had used these and could let me know for sure. I am adding a flow indicator since I'm not using the Corsair water block for the GPU and a Bitspower Touchaqua Digital Thermal Sensor with OLED Display to help easily monitor the fluid flow and temps through my side window. It's not that I'm nervous.. (I am lol) it's just that with what this PC cost so far I don't want to have to replace hardware any time soon.

Thanks for your continued input. Your system looks nice. =)

newfiend

Edited by newfiend

ohhh!! I see now, just in case the pump fails. Welll, I guess it's not such a bad idea and they don't cost an arm and a leg.

But my thought is that the inserts would work with the Corsair fittings, just watch out for the rubber seals inside the fittings, be gentled with pushing the tubing in.

Good luck with the setup.

I don't know but IMO the reason why you'd need those "inserts", it's if you put the pipes under a lot of either pull or push pressure, meaning if the pipe is too long and you're forcing it up against the fitting or if it's too short and you're pulling it from the fitting.

as said. its to help with how PETG can deform over time/and or because of heat..

http://i.imgur.com/lVQ7dWDl.jpg

taken from the EK website linked in the OP's first post..

"The EK-HD PETG Inserts are EK's way of battling against potential hazards that the use of PETG tubes present.

PETG tubes are extremely popular because of the ease of use and their flexibility. On the other hand, PETG tubing, especially the thin tube wall models (10/12) are prone to deformation when exposed to high temperatures (40°C and above). The deformation rate depends on the duration and maximum temperature reached. These temperatures can be reached with pump failures, water block clogging, etc."

remember the above statement does not exclude the bigger PETG tubing.. it just warns the thinner tubing is the higher risk.

Edited by Zotty

• 1 month later...

If anyone is interested to know I did end up using the PETG inserts in my tube runs with the Corsair / Bitspower fittings without issue. They do add a lot of rigidity to the thinner walled PETG tube ends. They weren't very expensive and I think worth adding to your tubes if using PETG in 12/10 Diameter.

newfiend~