Corsair Community

iCUE 220T RGB almost perfect?

A Computer Guy

I'm considering getting the iCUE 220T RGB however...

1) Not sure I like how the lower portion of the front cover with the Corsair logo has considerable blockage of the lower RGB fan. The pattern is ok.

2) It's not clear if a 240mm AIO will fit in the top position with fans (push) and have enough clearance for the motherboard components?

3) Why use the top dust filter if exhausting the air flow out the top?

Doesn't the additional obstruction of the top filter reduce the airflow out?

Does the top filter help produce positive air pressure in the case?

Does anyone else here have this case.

What do you like most about it?

What do you dislike the most about it?

1) - Air flow excellent been using it for a week now, played escape from tarkov and metro exodus with the system staying under 60 c, but also note i changed out the stock fans and put a corsair aio(h100i rgb plat. SE) instead then switched the stock fans to the top and back for exhausts.

2) - a 240 rad can fit at the top while a 280 cant, but a 240 will have clearance issues depending on your motherboard, such as mine, i have a gigabyte z390 aorus elite and the heat sink at the top is too big to fit a 240 rad hence why i switched my rad for intake in the front instead.

3) - and honestly im on the fence about the filter not really sure if it helps or not since they are exhaust fans but i left mine on.

but overall loving the case its a little smaller than expected and the HDD drive tray can come out, but if you have a normal size power supply you with either have to go with 3 normal fans up front or an aio and completely take out the HDD and only use m.2 and SSD drives because there wont be enough room for cables. also not sure if this is just me i cant get the lighting node to pop up on icue or link so all of my 3 fans are just rainbow puking everywhere :) ~ hope this helped your decision

Edit : Found a Video that might also help [ame]

[/ame] Edited by FlyHighHippy

1) - Air flow excellent been using it for a week now, played escape from tarkov and metro exodus with the system staying under 60 c, but also note i changed out the stock fans and put a corsair aio(h100i rgb plat. SE) instead then switched the stock fans to the top and back for exhausts.

2) - a 240 rad can fit at the top while a 280 cant, but a 240 will have clearance issues depending on your motherboard, such as mine, i have a gigabyte z390 aorus elite and the heat sink at the top is too big to fit a 240 rad hence why i switched my rad for intake in the front instead.

3) - and honestly im on the fence about the filter not really sure if it helps or not since they are exhaust fans but i left mine on.

but overall loving the case its a little smaller than expected and the HDD drive tray can come out, but if you have a normal size power supply you with either have to go with 3 normal fans up front or an aio and completely take out the HDD and only use m.2 and SSD drives because there wont be enough room for cables. also not sure if this is just me i cant get the lighting node to pop up on icue or link so all of my 3 fans are just rainbow puking everywhere :) ~ hope this helped your decision

Edit : Found a Video that might also help

I have a 240 AIO and that config info was helpful, thanks!

If that rear exhaust grill was removable it looks like you could swing a 240 (or 280) on top and pass the block in.

That's essentially what I did with my Antec 900 after I cut the exhaust grill out. https://imgur.com/a/4IxSm3e

Edited by A Computer Guy

In my opinion the AIO 240 clearance on the top is a big deal. Im doing a build with an Asus maximus formula.... just starting the build but it appears its the ram that prevents the 240 to be mounted at the top.

The choices are to run the AIO with 1 fan only on the top --- or move it to the front of the case which blocks RGB.

Big miss in the design department. They only needed to make it an inch taller to ensure fitment. Disappointed as I thought I had finally found the perfect compact case.

In my opinion the AIO 240 clearance on the top is a big deal. Im doing a build with an Asus maximus formula.... just starting the build but it appears its the ram that prevents the 240 to be mounted at the top.

The choices are to run the AIO with 1 fan only on the top --- or move it to the front of the case which blocks RGB.

Big miss in the design department. They only needed to make it an inch taller to ensure fitment. Disappointed as I thought I had finally found the perfect compact case.

In the front can't you mount the fans in front of the rad (push) instead of behind it (pull)?

I posted yesterday after some advise on this case. I hadn't seen this thread. If it's ok. I'll copy my concerns in and maybe you guys using the case already can help me out. Thanks.

I'm planning on a build using the Corsair icue 220t , Corsair vengeance pro rgb RAM and a hydro H100i 240 AiO, Asus Rog strix B540 gaming F motherboard. I'm also using a gigabyte 2070 super which is 286.5mm long. Can you confirm if there is enough clearance to fit the AiO either at the front or the top. I obviously don't want it hitting the GPU or RAM. If not could you tell me what the max GPU length is with a AiO is fitted. Or alternative mounting or components for example would the hydro 120mm fit on the back. Or just forget about a AiO and use the stock prism . Thank you.

Edit : Found a Video that might also help

Hi. If your using this case, could you do me a favour and measure the max GPU length if an AiO was at the front. It would be appreciated. Thank you.