Corsair Community

XD5 Pump 156 RPM

ozdagli

Hi, I have a problem XD5 Pump 156 rpm stuck when I run 50% when I run it in Fixed mode, it drops to 100rpm

my system is also Thermaltake Pacific TF1 Temperature and Flow Indicator

looks from 150 to 163 l / h depending

I made my connections correctly

Is the XD5 Pump malfunctioning?

Thank you

Is the pump actually running that slow? If so, the coolant temperature will continually rise even with no load.

The other possibility is a problem with the PWM/tachometer wire(s) and the pump is turning normally, but reporting an incorrect speed. If this is true, both the normal control curves and fixed RPM won’t work. You will need to use Fixed PWM %. The rpm will still be wrong, but the pump will work and hold its speed.

FurMark test temperatures 40 ° C fans %80 cooling performance I will add beautiful pictures but I couldn't find how to add

XD5 Pump seems to be running at maximum continuously but why can't I see the pump cycle

Edited by ozdagli

I think it is likely the tachometer wire or sensor and possibly the PWM as well have been impacted. You could test this another way by connecting the pump control lead to a MB header. You’ll want to preset that in the BIOS prior to moving it over while powered off. That will also give you the chance to test the Commander Pro #6 (or whichever) header is controlling the pump. It may be affected as well.

The link for Corsair support is the “Support Ticket System” at the top of the page. I would start that process now and they have a specific help for Hydro X products.

commander pro '6' tied

my motherboard is gigebyte h370 hd3.

Although the fan outputs on the motherboard are hybrid,

the speed values are '0' and the motherboard does not detect it.

the pump works normally

when I connect it to the fan outlet commander pro, the instantaneous speed turns to the fan speed '1700' rpm

then it does not show value

Edited by ozdagli

My theory is the tachometer sensor on the XD5 or Commander Pro header #6 has been damaged. This can happen if you "hot plug" the PWM/tach wire to the C-Pro while the power is on (like after filling the loop). Unfortunately, I have first hand experience with this and what you are describing is very familiar. Reach out to Corsair Support through the ticket system.

In the meantime, keep using PWM %, a MB header, or another working Commander Pro header. I used mine in this state for 6 months, no issues. the only problem is a lack of dynamic pump speed control, something you don't necessarily need anyway.