Corsair Community

4-6 on RGB hub will not function

Garou44

I have 2 brand new 6 port corsair RGB hubs that do not function on channels 4-6.

I have 3 LL120 fans mounted in the front and plugged in ports 1-3 that work perfect, I'm trying to attach a 4th LL120 but none of the ports of 4-6 on either of the hubs works?

I can't imagine I have 2 defective hubs so there has to be something I'm missing??

Also, I am using the lighting pro node

Thanks

I have 2 brand new 6 port corsair RGB hubs that do not function on channels 4-6.

I have 3 LL120 fans mounted in the front and plugged in ports 1-3 that work perfect, I'm trying to attach a 4th LL120 but none of the ports of 4-6 on either of the hubs works?

I can't imagine I have 2 defective hubs so there has to be something I'm missing??

Also, I am using the lighting pro node

Thanks

2 faulty RGB hubs are less likely than 1 faulty fan.

As every RGB fan passes RGB signal to the next one, I think you have to test your fans in series... I'd start with the n.3, replace it with another and look if the chain works.

Remember faulty RGB fans can light up correctly for themselves but be unable to pass the signal to the next one, and so break your chain.

Baio

Thanks for the response fellas,

This is a finished build running win10 with Icue installed.

The fan in question works perfectly when plugged into ports 1-3.

I have also tested ports 4-6 with a known good fan and no lights.

I'm pulling power from the cpu fan if that matters??

As for testing signal chain, I can run the 3 front cooling fans in any order with no signal loss.

I wasn't even going to use this fan because it would block part of the RGB on the X570MB, but once I found it didn't work it's been driving me crazy

Thanks for the response fellas,

This is a finished build running win10 with Icue installed.

The fan in question works perfectly when plugged into ports 1-3.

I have also tested ports 4-6 with a known good fan and no lights.

I'm pulling power from the cpu fan if that matters??

As for testing signal chain, I can run the 3 front cooling fans in any order with no signal loss.

I wasn't even going to use this fan because it would block part of the RGB on the X570MB, but once I found it didn't work it's been driving me crazy

Ok, let's go deeper into your cable connections to see if everything is ok.

You are using:

4 LL 120 RGB fans

1 RGB hub

1 Lightning Node Pro

The fan's RPM cables are connected to 4 mobo's header, aren't they?

If so, check in the manual if all that headers can drive enough power.

The fan's RGB cable are connected to the RGB hub.

Be aware that it's better not to skip ports, so connect the 4 fans to port 1-4. Testing the fourth fan into port 5 or 6 has no proof.

The RGB hub connects with the LNP and this to the mobo via USB cable.

Is that right?

Baio

Doubtful its cabling as the first 3 fans work through icue.... dodgy fan of software config maybe..

so... all the fans you have work in ports 1 through to 3 but none of them work in ports 4 through to 6,, and this is happening on 2 RGB Fan LED Hubs?.

so first

... the fan that is in port 3.. put that in port one.. and move the other 2 up the chain.. what happens? trying to cancel out fan 3 being at fault. if its not passing the data on this could be the result. so by doing this.. if fan 3 is at fault.. you will lose fans 2 and 3 at this point...

I assume you have checked config in iCUE in the Lighting setup tab? and indeed applied an effect to the extra added fans

Edited by Zotty

• 1 year later...

I had the same issue. Four fans worked fine, bought two more, they did not light up, then I read about turning on the two new fans using a Corsair RGB hub and the Commander Pro device:

1. Launch iCUE software

2. Select the Commander Pro device

3. Click lighting setup

4. Tell the software how many fans.

Should work. It did for me