Corsair Community

VOID Firmware updatre Fail now headset does not work

Event Horizon

I tried to update the firmware on my VOID headset today and the percentage bar just stayed at zero percent the entire time. Now my headset no longer works.

How can we correct this? My headset is brick now? Used to work great before I tried to update firmware.

Please help. Not detected by CUE and no lights on headset anymore.

Hi,

I just updated the firmware and I can't use the headset anymore too but there is still lights after I turn on the headset plus the left led of the mic is pulsing red very fast. I tried to reupdate which doesn't change anything and try also to reinstall CUE software.

Well what can I do ?

Hi,

I just updated the firmware and I can't use the headset anymore too but there is still lights after I turn on the headset plus the left led of the mic is pulsing red very fast. I tried to reupdate which doesn't change anything and try also to reinstall CUE software.

Well what can I do ?

1. Find something you can put into the dongle (the wireless connector) and hold it in, in the little hole until it starts to RAPIDLY BLINK, not the slow searching light and it's the dongle, not the headset.

2. Make sure your headset is turned OFF before doing this next step.

3. While the dongle is blinking in fast repetition, HOLD the power button on the headset and it should pair with each other once again.

Has helped everyone who actually tried so far. Try it a few times if it fails.

This might help you if it's still lighting up.

I tried to update the firmware on my VOID headset today and the percentage bar just stayed at zero percent the entire time. Now my headset no longer works.

How can we correct this? My headset is brick now? Used to work great before I tried to update firmware.

No, it's back in bootloader mode. You can "Force firmware update from server" option when updating the firmware. You can get to that by going under Settings>Devices in CUE, then clicking "Update Firmware".

Give a little time and I'll create another sticky on how to recover headsets from bootloader mode/bad flashes.

So yeah... I just got prompted to update my VOID headset this morning.

It was plugged into USB overnight to charge, so I thought why not.

The CUE app is frozen and the VOID firmware updater is stuck at 0% on both bars and not doing anything.

Task manager shows both applications doing something, but its been sitting like this for 15 minutes.

What should I do?

.: ETA :.

Not receiving an answer, I went ahead and ABORTED the stuck firmware update under its advise not to do so due to potentially breaking it.

Restarted the update and it worked.

Had to pair it again, but it all works again.

Im having the same issue the firmware update has caused my pc not to recognize my headset. I have reinstalled the CUE multiple times today and still nothing works. My headset is paired there is no issue there its just with Windows not recognizing my device at all. Really pisses me off everything worked fine until this stupid update.

same problem, updated and now head set not working.

I also dont understand the 3 step thing with the dongle, please im the Village Idiot on this one, explain more. because when I plug in my USB dongle into my comp that connects the headset, its just flashes normally, theres no button to "pair" i should say, so what do?

There is a sticky on pairing devices in this forum.

Basically you need a paperclip or something like that (staple) and slot it into the hole under the flashing LED (you will feel a click coz there is a button in the hole) until it starts rapidly flashing.

Then press and hold your Headsets On/Off button until the boom mic LEDs start flashing red and green.

Then in a couple seconds they should pair and you should be good to go.

Im having the same issue the firmware update has caused my pc not to recognize my headset. I have reinstalled the CUE multiple times today and still nothing works. My headset is paired there is no issue there its just with Windows not recognizing my device at all. Really pisses me off everything worked fine until this stupid update.

So there's no VOID device under your playback devices?

I attempted to update the firmware on my Void Wireless headset and the install never got past 0%. I believe now, the reason behind this was my Norton 360 Security. However, prior to realizing this I aborted the install of the firmware. Now there are no lights on the dongel or the headset and windows does not see the dongle. I have officially bricked my headset. Since I can't pair something that has no power... any other suggestions before I pack it up and head back to Best Buy? BTW this is the 2nd out of 3 Void headsets I have purchased that would not charge!

Very Frustrated

I attempted to update the firmware on my Void Wireless headset and the install never got past 0%. I believe now, the reason behind this was my Norton 360 Security. However, prior to realizing this I aborted the install of the firmware. Now there are no lights on the dongel or the headset and windows does not see the dongle. I have officially bricked my headset. Since I can't pair something that has no power... any other suggestions before I pack it up and head back to Best Buy? BTW this is the 2nd out of 3 Void headsets I have purchased that would not charge!

Very Frustrated

Contact Corsair Support and see if they can fix it

• 1 month later...
Like with everyone else, the firmware update failed, but now my headset won't even power on. Totally dead. I tried the quick flashing with the dongle, but since the HS won't power on, it just cycles out. I'm unclear how something like this gets past quality assurance testing. What's worse it that it is Friday night, and tech support is closed for the weekend, and now this all has to sit. Frustrated beyond belief.

it shouldn't take long.

If the headset is in bootloader mode. It should be detected as Avnera AV6302 under Devices and Printers when plugged in.

If the headset is not in bootloader mode, it will be detected as a VOID Wireless Gaming Headset under Devices and Printers when plugged in.

If you are getting a unknown device, i'd try a different USB port and microUSB cable and see if that helps.

• 1 year later...

My problem is that i clicked abort update, CUE does see the headset and it does work. HOWEVER i can no longer reach it through The "Global settings meaning i can't check battery and or download the firmware update, What should i do? Please help!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived