The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 20 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-24-2014, 02:55 PM
NocturnalSin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 698870
NocturnalSin Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerran View Post
I can confirm that this works and the audio sounds better than ever. Thanks so much.
I'm still getting this issue. Doing this will fix it, or rather, reset it, but it won't permanently fix it. Heck, even going into the the Corsair Audio Panel and swapping between Stereo/5.1/7.1 will fix it as well, but it won't stay. Which, once that's done, you'll usually have to restart your game, only for it to occur again shortly after or hours later.

I remember this issue used to be a L4D2/BF3 issue, but its across multiple games, Hawken, ARMA 3, even the Titanfall Beta. However in Titanfall, simply messing with the in-game audio would bring sound back after applying either of the above fixes.

This issue, is just...frustrating. I can find post, after post, even on other forums, with no permanent fix in sight.

Old 03-09-2014, 09:14 AM
NocturnalSin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 700752
NocturnalSin Reputation: 10

Just an update on trying to fix this issue, after having tried everything else here and have it only be temporary as some others have also said, I decided to try Razer Surround. Not trying to promote a competitor's software by any means, was just an idea I had from an unrelated forum post, and decided to try it out.

After completely uninstalling the drivers and software and then installing Razer Surround, and using the default Windows drivers, all seemed to be well. First issue I had was at random intervals I'd hear a noticeable pop, not sure how to describe it however. Also unsure if it was solvable with a restart or otherwise. But to the issue at hand, it seemed to solve the swapping for a good while.

And then bam, it swapped during a game of Hawken. However unlike the usual audio swap, it fixed itself and swapped back mid-game. No need to fiddle with audio settings nor restart the game. Would also like to add a few more games to the list I semi-made in my last post, it also affects TF2, and even Civilization 5(lol). I never noticed it occurring whilst playing the new HD release of Resident Evil 4 however, not once. So its seems to hit Source and Unreal engine games, as well as ArmA 3, and BF3/4. Not sure if there is anything that might tie any of those games together. It also being an issue with the soon to release Titanfall, its definitely problematic.

Not sure if this leads to anything, but it could provide a solution, albeit temporary or even permanent for some. I think until Corsair has more answers or someone more knowledgeable finds a true fix, I'm sorta out of options as far as I can tell. But judging for just this thread, and other threads on here and other forums, not sure if there is a solution in sight. :/

Last edited by NocturnalSin; 03-09-2014 at 09:20 AM.

Old 01-23-2015, 07:43 AM
zarringm's PC Specs

POST ID # = 755536
zarringm Reputation: 10

Hello people,

I bought the 1500 set almost 2 years ago now; i was forced to retire them to the shelf for the same reason given on this thread.

I have tried all suggestions mentioned on this forum and checked other places too over the years.

I like everything about the 1500, unfortunately this one glitch which should surely be fixed by now by means of a driver update does not allow me to use them.

Its now 2015, i think the set has been on the market for over 2 years and no fix has been applied. This is shameful and has really dented my confidence in a company who i have always considered top notch. I spent almost 100 GBP on these and am unable to use them and am pretty upset just like the people who have posted above.

Surely its time that Corsair allocated a little time and money into diagnosing and fixing the issue permanently. I'm sorry to say this but i will not be purchasing any Corsair products again until they rectify the situation.

Thank you in advance to anyone at Corsair who can react appropriately and elevate this problem up the chain of command.

Sincerely

Last edited by zarringm; 01-23-2015 at 07:48 AM.

Old 02-02-2015, 12:56 PM
zarringm's PC Specs

POST ID # = 757676
zarringm Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarringm View Post
Hello people,

I bought the 1500 set almost 2 years ago now; i was forced to retire them to the shelf for the same reason given on this thread.

I have tried all suggestions mentioned on this forum and checked other places too over the years.

I like everything about the 1500, unfortunately this one glitch which should surely be fixed by now by means of a driver update does not allow me to use them.

Its now 2015, i think the set has been on the market for over 2 years and no fix has been applied. This is shameful and has really dented my confidence in a company who i have always considered top notch. I spent almost 100 GBP on these and am unable to use them and am pretty upset just like the people who have posted above.

Surely its time that Corsair allocated a little time and money into diagnosing and fixing the issue permanently. I'm sorry to say this but i will not be purchasing any Corsair products again until they rectify the situation.

Thank you in advance to anyone at Corsair who can react appropriately and elevate this problem up the chain of command.

Sincerely
There may be grounds here for me to retract some of the negativity from my previous post. Having tried again with the latest set of drivers 2.0.35 apparently released in Sep 2014 i have yet to have my sound reverse on me in BF3/4 and DODS/CSGO.

I'll be watching this carefully; hopefully the drivers have done it, however its surprising that no one from Corsair followed up on this thread asking people to test again once the update had been rolled out! Neither was it mentioned on the 2.0.35 release thread. Possibly better comms and forum management is needed.. either way if this has in fact been fixed then i will be a happy bunny.

Anyone else found that the new drivers have resolved the issue?

Thanks

Old 02-07-2015, 04:06 PM
nabnab's PC Specs

POST ID # = 758745
nabnab Reputation: 10

I only ever notice this in BF4 and the only cure I have is to unplug and plug the headphones and that cures the problem, will note that it is a very random problem that doesn't always occur.

Old 05-06-2015, 04:47 PM

POST ID # = 777649
The Alpacalypse Reputation: 10
Thumbs up

So after a few weeks of troubleshooting and trial and error I think I've got it. So here's the deal, you'll need to remove a few of the drivers and some files form the driver store file as well.

1) First, go into device manager and uninstall the HD audio device.

2) Now you'll need to do some leg work. Open up your windows folder then to system 32. Once there look for the file labeled drivers. Look for HDaudio.sys. Now in order to delete this file you'll have to change the ownership from trusted installer to yourself. Right click on the file and open properties, then the security tab and at the bottom click advanced.

3) At the top of the window next the owner title it will say trustedinstaller. Click change and type in your account name on your computer under the "Enter the object name to select" section and click ok.

4) You'll be taken back to the previous window where you can click apply.

5) Select ok at the bottom and again on the pop up, if the window just closes that's fine too. Now close the drvers properties window and reopen it. Go back to security, advanced and now you'll be able to add your account name to the list of permissions for the driver. Do so by clicking add in the window and adding your account name to the list click through oking everything and close the properties windows. Now you can delete the driver.

6) Repeat steps 3-5 for the driver HDaudiobus.sys.

7) Go back and open the DriverStore file in system32 then select en-US or what ever version you've chosen to install. Find the HDaudio.info file adn follow the same steps above to delete it along with the hd audio bus info file as well.

8) go back, open file repository and delete the hdaudio and hdaudiobus file folders.

9) Open your system window and to the left of the computer name, in the third section click on change settings, click the hardware tab, then device installation settings.

10) Click the radio button "No, let me choose what to do" then "Never install driver software from Windows Update. You can leave the box checked. Save changes and restart.

I had screen grabs of the steps but on one of the re installs of windows I lost them. If you get turned around google is your best friend but I'll do my best to help as well. I hope this works for you guys as well as it's worked for me so far. Good luck!

Last edited by The Alpacalypse; 05-06-2015 at 05:27 PM.

Old 07-21-2015, 05:50 PM
hey crosscut's PC Specs

POST ID # = 790635
hey crosscut Reputation: 10
Thumbs up I used to have the same problem

I fixed it my going in to your playback devices and configuring the headphones/speakers. All i did there is switch to 2.0 5.1 and 7.1, after switching it around the sound direction got fixed and I could finally play hearing the right side of all sounds.

Old 08-09-2015, 08:48 PM
kitterbugz's PC Specs

POST ID # = 794898
kitterbugz Reputation: 10

Hey. I don't know how active this thread is?
I went to the audio devices. Right-clicked on the Corsair Gaming H1500.
Go to Advanced. Unchecked "Allow applications to take control of this device."
That fixed my problem with alt-tabbing out of games.

Old 11-05-2015, 09:19 AM

POST ID # = 818165
sombies Reputation: 10

I tried everything on this forum, but I could not stop this issue from creeping back. I took the advise from one of the previous posters and RMA'd my set for an analog equivalent. Just got it last night, everything works great (hard to mess up analog). If you're like my scenario, save yourself the headache and trade it out

Old 05-26-2016, 06:08 PM
Hacketo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 854811
Hacketo Reputation: 10

I have got this headset since 3 years and I met this issue since October 2015, 6 months now.
The sound reverse appear randomly, no need to tab-out of a game or to play an other sound source.

To get the sound back, I disable/enable the sound device in playback devices.

It appeared that it started after I changed my ATI graphics card for an Nvidia card 980 TI, and I had to enable Aero desktop because of some classic desktop glitches on Nvidia.
I tried everything, bios update, drivers, sound enhancements ... nothing changed, then I set the desktop back to classic mode / Disabled Aero, no reversed sound since...

So with a decent graphics card I still need to choose between desktop glitches or sound issues ...

Last edited by Hacketo; 05-27-2016 at 06:24 AM.