Corsair Community

CLCP Reporting Incorrect Fan RPM When Fans Off

A.J.

Hi all! First post here and I checked back through to October 2017 to see if this issue had been reported before but I couldn't find anything relevant.

I have 3 fans in my system configured for 0 RPM when GPU temperature is <24 deg C and this works great, however CLCP* is reporting the fan speed as non-zero. As you can see in the attached screenshot, but regardless of what CLCP is displaying these fans are in fact stationary.

The fans in question are EK-Vardar EVO:

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-vardar-evo-120er-black

And they are all connected directly to the Commander Pro using the included extension cables.

CLCP Firmware: 0.7.199

CLCP Bootloader:03

Corsair Link 4 Version: 4.9.5.25

Any thoughts? Obviously not a major issue but I thought it worth highlighting none-the-less. I fully expect that CLCP is not compatible with EK's "0db regime" as the fans will start-stop below 900RPM, but that still doesn't explain the strange RPM readings.

*Corsair Link Commander Pro

CLCP2.thumb.jpg.929423514b8deaa57684b1c16bd4c37f.jpg

• Corsair Employee
Hi all! First post here and I checked back through to October 2017 to see if this issue had been reported before but I couldn't find anything relevant.

I have 3 fans in my system configured for 0 RPM when GPU temperature is <24 deg C and this works great, however CLCP* is reporting the fan speed as non-zero. As you can see in the attached screenshot, but regardless of what CLCP is displaying these fans are in fact stationary.

The fans in question are EK-Vardar EVO:

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-vardar-evo-120er-black

And they are all connected directly to the Commander Pro using the included extension cables.

CLCP Firmware: 0.7.199

CLCP Bootloader:03

Corsair Link 4 Version: 4.9.5.25

Any thoughts? Obviously not a major issue but I thought it worth highlighting none-the-less. I fully expect that CLCP is not compatible with EK's "0db regime" as the fans will start-stop below 900RPM, but that still doesn't explain the strange RPM readings.

*Corsair Link Commander Pro

First of all, welcome! Thanks for reporting this. In CL4, do you have the EK-Vardar fans set to 3-pin DC or 4-pin PWM?

I believe the fans are supposed to be 4-pin PWM, so if it's not set to that in CL4, go ahead and switch it to that and see if that changes the behavior you're seeing.

If you've already done that, it looks like it may be a weird quirk with that model of fan in terms of reporting. I've sent an email to our team to see if they might have a solution.

Archived