Corsair Community

LS100 Expansion kit without the starter kit ?

yabanci70

Hi , does anyone know - Ive looked everywhere , is it possible to connect the expansion kit only (without the starter kit ) via a lighting node pro or commander pro ?Ive tried both and gone though the set up in icue and no luck....help please?

Yes, it's possible but you can't configure them as LS100 strips and won't get the screen sync.

You'll have to configure them as RGB Strips with enough LEDs to light them all up. And don't go over 60 LEDs on a channel.

Just understand that this isn't a supported configuration. It'll work ... but some of the config will be off.

Thank you . Yes it works . I have 2 x 450mm extensions which are now connected to the lighting node pro which is connected via USB to the commander pro. It is possible to connect one strip straight to the commander pro but then you can only 'see' one strip if the strips are connected to each other sequentially . I've got 6 ML Pro RGB fans connected via LED hub to the commnader pro too . Theres a lot of wiring making cable management a challenge and icue (unrivalled in terms of functionailty though it is ) is quite finicky to configure the more connections to it you have.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi , does anyone know - Ive looked everywhere , is it possible to connect the expansion kit only (without the starter kit ) via a lighting node pro or commander pro ?Ive tried both and gone though the set up in icue and no luck....help please?

As Devbiker writes, yes you can. Max 60 leds per channel though. I have 2 short and 1 long ls, total of 57 leds running on one channel on a Cpro. All effects works as with regular strips. Screen sync doesn’t though but for internal case lighting that’s not really something you will miss.