The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-05-2016, 06:10 AM

POST ID # = 861072
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 108

@mradkn

Put in a support ticket and ask for instructions for a hard reset. They should be able to help you flash FW2.05 onto the keyboard.

https://corsair.secure.force.com/

If not, you can come back here and we'll try to figure out what is preventing CUE from seeing the keyboard.

Old 07-05-2016, 03:13 PM
st_trooper's PC Specs

POST ID # = 861156
st_trooper Reputation: 10

This new firmware does little to help fix the problem most people here are experiencing. My keyboard doesn't get recognized by CUE over half the time. 90% of my PC's are Corsair parts and of all things I have problems with it's the keyboard. :(

Old 07-05-2016, 03:55 PM
Falconlord's PC Specs

POST ID # = 861164
Falconlord Reputation: 10

Same problem here and keep getting the notice about update. I have to uninstall software and reinstall to get things working again.

Last edited by Falconlord; 07-05-2016 at 03:58 PM.

Old 07-08-2016, 02:35 AM

POST ID # = 861497
mradkn Reputation: 10
Sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasted View Post
@mradkn

Put in a support ticket and ask for instructions for a hard reset. They should be able to help you flash FW2.05 onto the keyboard.

https://corsair.secure.force.com/

If not, you can come back here and we'll try to figure out what is preventing CUE from seeing the keyboard.
Sent in a ticket like you suggested, but it has been over 3 days now... I keep checking and still no reply :(

Does it normally take this long?

I read somewhere that a response takes sometime within 2 business days...

Old 07-09-2016, 07:24 AM

POST ID # = 861660
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 108

No, it shouldn't take long.

If you don't receive a reply by Monday (California time), post your ticket number here and someone from Corsair can check on your ticket.

Old 07-10-2016, 02:12 AM

POST ID # = 861767
ImAssault Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mradkn View Post
Problems with my STRAFE RGB:
- Whenever I plug the STRAFE in, the LED light are ALWAYS on and go through the demo lights even when the PC is turned off. Before when it was working normally, the STRAFE's light would only turn on once the CUE was on.
- None of the keys on the STRAFE work at all...At any time.
- Both WINDOWS and CUE do not recognize that the STRAFE is plugged in regardless of what I do. So it is pointless using the CUE as the "device" part in the CUE is grayed out.
- Problem is the same for ALL my PCs and Laptops at home...The same thing happens for all of them. So in my opinion the issue is definitely with the firmware.

Anyone else having the exact same problems?
I read this post and it seems like the issues vary.

I also read that firmware 2.05 is out but how can I update the firmware if CUE doesn't even recognize my STRAFE RGB Keyboard is plugged in?

HELP US CORSAIR TEAM!
I'm glad I'm not alone. I've only had this keyboard for a couple of days now and it worked fine up until when I got home tonight and started my computer up and it was no longer being detected and is stuck in demo mode no matter what I do. After hours of trying to find anything related to this problem I finally stumbled upon this thread and found someone else with this problem. I submitted a ticket earlier as well and I would be very grateful if you could give me any information that corsair tells you once they get back to your ticket as well.

Old 07-10-2016, 03:59 PM
meowzerkai's PC Specs

POST ID # = 861881
meowzerkai Reputation: 10

I don't have the Strafe RGB but I have the red backlit Strafe and I have the same problem too where my keyboard isn't recognized but another problem I have is that when my lighting effects are on (as in the ones in the CUE program) my mouse stutters and keyboard will repeatedly type one letter. So lets say I have the light effects on now and I'm typing this: Hello my name isssssssssssssssss. It stops once I press another key. I simply fix my problems by closing CUE from the system tray and again the stuttering only happens when the lighting effects are on meaning CUE is open too.

Old 07-10-2016, 06:05 PM

POST ID # = 861890
Proffo Reputation: 8

I just want my keyboard to work properly every time I use my PC. RGB keyboards seem to be more trouble than they're worth (or cost !).

Old 07-10-2016, 06:48 PM

POST ID # = 861897
mradkn Reputation: 10

@ImAssault

Alright, after 6 days of waiting I finally got a reply back from a Corsair representative regarding my ticket request. However I was less than impressed with the response they gave me. Basically, it read something like: "If your keyboard isn't recognized at all you have to exchange it. Attach a copy of your invoice/receipt...blah blah blah".

Being frustrated and angry at this half-assed response I decided to give it one last attempt to try and fix the STRAFE. I was able to fix it!!

This is exactly what I did to fix it (I will try to be specific):
1) I Plugged in the keyboard and the demo lights went on. The keyboard of course didn't work. And I believe how you plug in the STRAFE (via 2 USBs or 1) does not matter. Also there was no sound from Windows indicating the STRAFE was plugged in.
2) Behind one of the keyboard stands at the back of the STRAFE there is a reset hole. I got a needle and pressed into the hole over 10 times...Still the keyboard didn't work (not sure if this step does anything to fix the STRAFE).
3) I then proceeded to install the CUE software (I had deleted it earlier before all of this).
4) During the WHOLE installation of the CUE, I was holding on "F1+WindowsKey+Windowslock key" (which was making the keyboard flash that demo white and red color). I kept holding on it until I heard that windows sound indicating that the keyboard was connected.
5) The keyboard was fixed!

Weird I know...

Old 07-11-2016, 04:43 PM

POST ID # = 862005
ImAssault Reputation: 10

@mradkn

Thank you so much! The uninstalling and reinstalling of CUE while holding down "F1+WindowsKey+Windowslock key" did get it to work after a couple of tries. I just hope the problem doesn't come back as it would be a nuisance to have to do this all the time but, for now it seems to have fixed and I appreciate your response!

Old 07-14-2016, 04:37 PM
LesC's PC Specs

POST ID # = 862460
LesC Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inheritance View Post
Then save a blank lighting profile to the keyboard.

But I don't want it blank ALL the time, I just want the lights off until PC boots up & CUE kicks in with my saved lighting profile ..... Exactly as it did until firmware upgrades 2.4 & 2.05

Old 07-14-2016, 04:45 PM
LesC's PC Specs

POST ID # = 862463
LesC Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
We are going to be releasing FW 2.05 which disables this "demo mode" by default so users will always be able to enumerate their keyboard properly. Theyre going to trickle in device by device as we go through testing but once FW 2.05 has been updated, users will no longer have their keyboards time out due to a lack of enumeration when demo mode is running.
With FW 2.05 rather than going in to demo mode, my custom lighting just comes on straight away as long as there is power to the PC even if not booted up.

So FW 2.05 has not resolved the issue but just created a slightly different problem! I just want the keyboard lighting off until PC boots up & CUE kicks in with my lighting profile -as it did before 2.04.

Old 07-16-2016, 07:32 PM

POST ID # = 862732
Swishtail09 Reputation: 10

Yikes. I was on the verge of purchasing a Strafe RGB, but this seems like a lot of nonsense I don't want to bother with.

Old 07-17-2016, 02:47 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team

POST ID # = 862757
Inheritance Reputation: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesC View Post
But I don't want it blank ALL the time, I just want the lights off until PC boots up & CUE kicks in with my saved lighting profile ..... Exactly as it did until firmware upgrades 2.4 & 2.05
Yea... Thats what saving a profile to the keyboard will do... It just saves the static lighting and when CUE boots up it changed to the default
Corsair USER Forums is NOT Corsair Tech Support

Old 07-17-2016, 02:48 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team

POST ID # = 862758
Inheritance Reputation: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swishtail09 View Post
Yikes. I was on the verge of purchasing a Strafe RGB, but this seems like a lot of nonsense I don't want to bother with.
Half of it is users not knowing how to use the software... The other half is their setup and motherboard.
Corsair USER Forums is NOT Corsair Tech Support