The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-11-2019, 07:21 PM

POST ID # = 1010874
andrewc4 Reputation: 10
Default HS70 Headset Battery Issues

So I'm now on my 2nd HS70 headset, both of which have had serious battery issues pretty quickly. The first stopped accepting a charge within a few months, but my current headset lasted the better part of a year before its issues popped up.

So here I was, opening iCUE one day because I was hearing "Charging Battery" *constantly*... Literally every 30 seconds or so. Since opening iCUE to see if maybe I could find a way to get my headset to stop this (I'm a literal noob to the software, rarely have it open) my headset won't hold a charge... at all. Literally from 50% to powering off within seconds. 9 times out of 10 it won't go above 6%, and essentially I now have a very fragile headset, which is disappointing because I went with Corsair based on a friend's suggestion when I first wanted a wireless headset.

I've loved both of my headsets when they've worked, but to have two debilitating battery issues in a row is pretty frustrating and discouraging. Is there ANYTHING I can do?

Old 07-11-2019, 07:35 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 1010877
Corsair Nick Reputation: 39

Just checking because I didn't see it mentioned, but have you tried a different micro USB cable and/or charging source?

Old 07-11-2019, 11:07 PM

POST ID # = 1010896

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Nick View Post
Just checking because I didn't see it mentioned, but have you tried a different micro USB cable and/or charging source?
Thanks for the suggestion, I went ahead and tried this. It does get the headset to charge, at least, but it's still draining pretty quickly. Not 50% to dead in seconds, but from 60% to 45% in the time it took to type this.

Old 07-12-2019, 12:46 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 1010962
Corsair Nick Reputation: 39

One last thing you can try before going through an RMA, cycling the battery. Fully drain the battery until it will no longer power on. Charge the headset with it off and uninterrupted.

Old 07-13-2019, 12:17 PM

POST ID # = 1011072

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Nick View Post
One last thing you can try before going through an RMA, cycling the battery. Fully drain the battery until it will no longer power on. Charge the headset with it off and uninterrupted.
Tried this this morning, did not work for me. Left it on the charger for a few hours to do its thing and it shows 0% then turns off if I have it on and unplug it.