Corsair Community

HX PSU fan control

BlaiseP

I own a HX 1200i PSU, a K95 Platinum RGB keyboard and M65 Pro RGB mouse. Prior to upgrading to iCue, I used Corsair Link & Cue 3 to control/manage my Corsair devices/peripherals.

Under Corsair Link (prior to using iCue), I was able to control whether to run the PSU fan or have it spin up only if particular temperature threshold was reached. Under iCue, I have no such option and firing up Corsair Link yields a message "This device is being controlled by iCue" (the HX1200i).

My question is - is this an oversight/bug or by design?

PS. When I upgraded to iCue, I followed the instructions and ensured that I had the latest version of Corsair Link installed prior to the Cue-->iCue upgrade.

PPS. The log file won't attach - error states "Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing."

You can create a custom fan profile in iCue. But ... in both Link and iCue, the minimum speed for a custom fan profile on the HX1200i is 40%. From what I understand (so don't take this as gospel), this is a requirement from the PSU team.

If you want it to shut off, then you'll need to set it to default.

Thanks Dev for the reply but I think you missed my point. There is no option for the PSU's fan at all in iCue. Before iCue, you could fiddle with the fan some-what - i.e. have it only kick in when a certain temperature threshold was reached but now there is nothing, just a graph in Dashboard which unsurprisingly sits at zero.

Thanks Dev, you were absolutely correct. I had the "Performance" tab but it only showed "Default". I clicked the plus sign and now I have a "Cooling mode" entry where indeed I can adjust the fan curve for the PSU.

Archived