Corsair Community

Is 360mm too much for just cpu cooling?

When I started to plan my build, I was going to use my s340Elite. I then discovered, and fell in love with, the lian li o11 dynamic. So now, I have a larger case and can fit a 360mm radiator in it, which I'm considering because I'm adding a gpu to the loop in the fall. As for right now though, I'll only be cooling my cpu (ryzen 5 3600, pbo). So my question is this, should I keep the 240mm since I'm only going cpu for now, or should I return in and mount the 360, so that I won't have to order one when I get my gpu. If it helps, I'm planning on whatever the highest card is, be it named 3080ti or whatever, and I probably won't overclock it.

This is a stand-alone 240mm radiator? I think you replace it with the 360mm no matter what. In the short term, it doesn't cost you anything in terms of the case. It was clearly cut for 3x360mm. A 3600x is not a lot of watts, but you also will be able to run the 360mm radiator fans at a really low speed and still keep the coolant temp at a minimal level.

Long term, whatever the 3000 Ampere series turns out to be, it surely will be 300W of power and you will want 2x360mm at that point. So you could wait until then and replace the current radiator, but if you have return options now, that seems to be the better move.

• Confused 1