Corsair Community

White Corsair LL120 fans have 9x

Johnny87au

So I have 6 fans connected to my commander pro + RGB hub and the Corsair led strips connected to my commander pro led2 port. How would I connect the extra 3 fans ? Could I just run a 2 in 1 splitter off 3 of the commander pro ports ? So it would have 2 fans running on port1 2 fans running on port 2 and 2 fans running on port 3?

Would this be okay or not ?

Hey zotty both dude.

I already have 6x fans connected via pwm to the pro and other 6 ends to the RGB hub. What I want to know if this will work is, can I connect the other 3 fans pwm to ports 1-3 on the commander pro pwm using 2 in 1 splitters, then the 3 RGB ends plug into the second RGB hub which is connected to the commander pro led port 2?

Also if this works, could I plug the Corsair RGB led strips into my rgb hub instead of directly into my commander pro led port2 as ideally I'd like to plug the second RGB hub into the commander pro led port 2 and run the strips into the second RGB hub

Edited by Johnny87au

ok

so.. 9 fans for pwm control on the CoPro is just about doable. as you said.. double up on 3 headers.. not supported by corsair at all.. but doable..

as for RGB.. have you come across Pirate dog tech and their RGB Fan LED Hub Splitters? allows you to run more than one RGB Fan LED Hubs off of the same channel?.. this may be your answer....

an example..

http://i.imgur.com/fBgDuFrl.png

How many ll120 can I run on same channel dude ? Could I just run 2 off each port on the RGB hub ?

If you run two LL fans off of each port on the hub (for 12 fans), you'll melt the SATA power connector. Don't do this. Unless you like melted SATA power connectors - I'm assuming that you don't.

You can put up to 7 LL fans on a single fan hub. No more. This, as Zotty mentioned, is due to the current draw and the limitations on the SATA power connector.

You can also use a Fan Hub Splitter to run two fan hubs - and 12 LL fans - off of a single Lighting Channel. Note that this uses two fan hubs - the fan hub is what provides power to the fan RGB so that's what you need to add to increase the number of fans that you can safely (e.g. without the melting) run from a single channel.

I'm a little confused. So I have 6 fans connected to commander pro and 6 connected to RGB hub. What exactly do I need guys for the extra 3 fans. I want to be able to control pwm + RGB on the 3 extra fans also with iCue . Any chance you guys can link me please or inbox me exactly what I need. Thanks

For PWM control, you can use 3x 2-way PWM splitters. That'll work.

For the RGB, you'll need another hub.

For the other hub, you can use a hub splitter to put both hubs on the same channel. This works best if both hubs have the same number and type of fans but it's not an absolute requirement.

Right ... the hub splitter duplicates the RGB signal between the two hubs. Each hub has its own power from the SATA connection. In fact, the hubs really exist to do only this - provide power and send the control signal to the fans. If you open one up, it's got absolutely positively no intelligence whatsoever. There's a capacitor, traces and connectors. That's it.