Corsair Community

Keeping it Simple 100/115

GWild99

Hi,

I just need the 115i USB driver for Win10. Something to make Windows stop complaining the USB device is unrecognized.

And no - I do not need 1GB of SSD space used to control my CPU fan. Even the CLink application is overkill for my needs (and in Win7 it wasn't as effective as the built in MB fan controls).

I have backups of 7, so I probably still have the .sys file; but can't find it among the 1000 or so drivers in system32/drivers... and none of the installers will allow control over what gets installed.

Anyone able to assist? Or should I just unplug the darn cable ... lol.

If you are not going to use the cooler the way it was designed and in the most efficient way, you might as well unplug the USB. With no software to control pump or fan speeds and monitor cooling temp, I don’t see the reason for it. That’s what usb does - let the device communicate with the software.

At issue is the act of controlling a fan does not require 1GB of disk space (space request when I started loading ICLUE). Plus, the fans are being controlled quite well by the bios. Temps maintain a good range, and fans are quiet.

Yes, the additional software lets me adjust colors of the LEDS... not exactly earth shattering.

Anyone else able to point me to the actual driver?

You don't need the driver or the USB since you won't be communicating with the device. I don't think you understand how the cooler works, but since your C: drive is running at 80%+ capacity, you obviously have higher priorities.

You can contact Corsair directly through the Ticket Support system and request it, although you will still need to actually tell them what cooler you have. You can also ask them to design a personalized version of the iCUE software just for you, one that only has the necessary components you require. Or not.