The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-21-2019, 10:19 AM

POST ID # = 998421
slimizt Reputation: 10

Have a problem with my h100i rgb platinum and found this thread. Sorry for my english.

So I bought this in dec 2018, and til about one month ago, my idle water temp when starting the PC, was about 24c and when playing fortnite about 43-47c.

My room temp is the same and nothing else has change. But one month ago I started to have idle temp of 30c+ when starting the pc. And 53c+, often 56-57c when playing fortnite.

Tested now to turn of all lightning on h100i rgb platinum and now my watertemps is the same as before the ”problem” started. Now I have 24c idle temp when starting computer. If I turn on the lights, booom 30c+. Turns off the light and it shows 24c again.

I have always had default lightning. So nothing changed there. Only thing i have Done is that I updated iCUE one month ago. Have not moved the pc either. So this problem is very strange. Only wanted to ad my info to this.

Old 03-21-2019, 03:05 PM
hahler2's PC Specs

POST ID # = 998444
hahler2 Reputation: 10

I too am having this issue. I shut the RGB off on my pump and my temps go from 36 to 37 C to 30 to 31 C. This is on a H100i RGB Platinum SE model.

Old 03-21-2019, 04:54 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 998453
Zotty Reputation: 52

just remember guys.. this is not your liquid heating up... if you watch your CPU package there will be no change.. most likely this is an LED heating the area around its self which is likely to be next to the temp probe in the pump....

my H115i Platinum also does it by the way... my H150i Pro does not

Old 03-21-2019, 05:49 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 998456
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107

Since the temperature change is not actual, there is no need to be alarmed. However, it does make using the three preset curves a bit pointless. Even without this issue, I encourage everyone to make there own anyway. You will need to shift your scale up a bit. Figure out the idle resting coolant temp with your preferred LED effect. Load rise is going to typically be +4-8C on top of that, depending on CPU model and any additional heat contributors (GPU, case layout, etc.). Key the fans in check. Nobody needs to be running 2000 rpm on a 240mm or 280mm cooler. Set it to your noise comfort level. If you think the CPU temp is too warm, you can bump fan speed up another 100-200, but keep in mind that may only bring a 1C reduction. Usually not worth the trade in noise.

Old 03-21-2019, 06:45 PM
hahler2's PC Specs

POST ID # = 998462

Ok. That's what I'll do. Work on setting a custom fan curve. I think the big question then is what is too warm for the liquid temp to be? I know I was told when I was running a custom loop that most pumps and such couldn't take temps over 60 C.

Old 03-21-2019, 06:59 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 998464
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107

You will hit the cpu limit long before you reach a physical temperature limit on the rubber and metal. Most manufacturers list 55-70C as a coolant limit. Anytime you reach 50C you should ask questions, although I would not consider it a safety issue yet.

Old 03-21-2019, 07:17 PM
hahler2's PC Specs

POST ID # = 998468

Ok sounds good. This deal has me pretty frustrated. I know it's "fixable" by setting a custom curve, but it shouldn't have to be done. Not on a product that costs this much.

Old 03-21-2019, 08:25 PM
hahler2's PC Specs

POST ID # = 998471

So after playing a game for about an hour with my custom fan curve my cpu temps were in the mid 50’s on my CPU. According to icue my water temp was 48. But that’s with leds on. So I’m figuring it was more like 43. Not sure what to think about this.

Old 03-21-2019, 11:16 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 998489
DevBiker Reputation: 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by hahler2 View Post
So after playing a game for about an hour with my custom fan curve my cpu temps were in the mid 50’s on my CPU. According to icue my water temp was 48. But that’s with leds on. So I’m figuring it was more like 43. Not sure what to think about this.
43 is a bit warm but not dangerously so.

Question: do you have the radiator in the top and configured as exhaust?

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
HydroX FAQ | RGB Cables |
iCUE Tips & Tricks

Old 03-21-2019, 11:17 PM
hahler2's PC Specs

POST ID # = 998490

Front as intake.

Old 03-22-2019, 09:30 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 998525
DevBiker Reputation: 94

What's your ambient/room temperature?

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
HydroX FAQ | RGB Cables |
iCUE Tips & Tricks

Old 03-22-2019, 09:42 AM
hahler2's PC Specs

POST ID # = 998528

Around 22C or so.

I have my own thread here: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=186303 I think you posted there already. Don't want to hijack OP's thread.

Old 03-22-2019, 10:04 PM
A Mighty CORSAlR™
Glzmo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 998618
Glzmo Reputation: 10

I've also noticed much higher temperatures lately (similar to what others have been reporting) and also noticed that when I switch the lighting on the pump off (or dimmer or less colors), the reported coolant temperature goes down to similar levels as before. It seems like for my H115i RGB Platinum the issue only occurs with version 3.13.94 of iCue, however. Going back to 3.12.118, the coolant temperature reading doesn't seem to be affected by the RGB lighting being on or off and lower in general. Going back to 3.13.94 will have the issue appear again. So this might actually be an iCue bug or something that has changed about temperature readings in the latest version so that they are affected by lighting now (Could it be that there used to be some sort of modifier/compensation for the number of lights being enabled built in in older versions that got removed in 3.13.94?). Has anybody else noticed this discrepancy in the different iCue versions or is it happening just for me?
It sure is a problem when you're working with custom temperature curves (or even the pre-defined ones, as Extreme will spin up the fans to 100% almost always now) and you like to switch your RGB lighting effects often.

Update: I just noticed that when looking at the H115i RGB Platinum's Liquid Temperature while iCue isn't running in HWiNFO64, it always shows the lower temperature (as older verions of iCue do), no matter whether the hardware lighting is off, on single color, Spiral Rainbow, Rainbow Wave, etc.. So it might actually be a software issue with iCue 3.13.94 that causes the coolant temperature to display wrong with more LEDs enabled and not really the sensors being heated up by the LEDs (that would have to be some serious heat output anyhow, unless iCue causes some serious voltage spikes for each LED, but that would probably burn them out, too, so I doubt it).

Last edited by Glzmo; 03-30-2019 at 08:28 PM.

Old 03-30-2019, 07:49 AM
Swampcore's PC Specs

POST ID # = 999540
Swampcore Reputation: 10

Stumbled across this thread while searching if someone has a similar issue to mine, described in this thread:
http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186510
I tried turning off LED-s and now my idle water temperature is stable at around 30-32, no more rapid changes. I am currently in "what the actual bleep" mood, because my problems with this AIO cant seem to stop

Old 03-30-2019, 08:53 PM
A Mighty CORSAlR™
Glzmo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 999608
Glzmo Reputation: 10

Oddly enough, I redid my internal USB wiring as I added an NZXT powered internal USB hub and the temperatures stopped misreading (sadly, it didn't help with the USB disconnects, but that's a different issue). They are nice and cool now even in iCue with the LEDs set to any effect.
Not sure if the USB hub actually changed it or if perhaps the re-initialization of the H115i RGB Platinum driver or iCue fixed it (I didn't reinstall iCue, it just reinitialized due to the different USB connection configuration). I think it might have been the latter.