Corsair Community

H100i Platinum RGB - USB Disconnects

Last week I purchased and installed the H100i RGB Platinum in my PC. Everything was initially fine until I started noticing USB disconnects and the H100i flashing and restarting.

The fans on the H100i would start to speed up over the course of a minute and then the Windows disconnect sound would play and the fans would drop down to idle and the LED's on the pump and fans would go off and back on. This would occur numerous times for about 10 to 15 minutes. Sometimes the LED's in the pump and fans would stutter as well.

I spent the last week searching for answers without any luck. I had purchased a few new parts and began thinking it was a USB issue. I replaced the H100i but the problem persisted. I replaced the Motherboard with the same result. I also swapped out the power supply for a larger unit. Each time I would install Windows 10 fresh.

I thought maybe other RGB lighting software was causing issues with the iCUE software but that was proven incorrect recently when I had no other lighting software installed.

The last thing that occured was that I installed a program, having nothing to do with USB or lighting, and during the installation the USB disconnect sound occurred and the lights and fans on the H100i started having the issue. This time I opened the iCUE software and noticed that even when the RPM on the fans were speeding up, the iCUE software was showing zero change in both the pump and fans. After closing out the iCUE software and restarting it, the issue stopped and it was showing the correct fan and pump speeds.

I have no idea what is causing this issue but following this last instance I think maybe the driver or software is conflicting with something or locking up.

A minute ago I plugged my phone into a USB port and it immediately caused the issue. I opened iCUE and it showed no change in pump or fan speeds. I restarted the software and it fixed the issue.

Does anyone know of this issue or have any idea what could be causing it? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
I just registered to respond to this. I was troubleshooting this exact issue for about a week with no progress. I finally saw somewhere that if you change the default spinning rainbow lighting to some other lighting option on the fans as well as the pump, that the issue magically fixes itself. I tried it out and bam, no more disconnects. I don't know if you have tried this at all, but it's worth a shot. Hope it works out!

I just registered to let you guys know i have the same issue.

My LL120 flicker slightly and my h100i turns off for a half second. This happens kinda constantly.

Ive uploaded it on youtube, you can see the light shut down quick at second 2 and the cpu light turn off at second 5.

[ame]

[/ame]

Im at work right now, so i cant try your guys solution but if i get it right, i just need to change the theme of the lights?

Try either a static color as DevBiker said if you are okay with just one color or turn the LEDs off completely.

If you want to have RGB effects, however, choose one of the hardware Lighting ones (those will remain saved even when iCue isn't running) for each of your devices/fans, set your desired fan and pump profile, then exit iCue. Remove iCue from Windows startup and also use services.msc to change the Corsair Service to Manual start. Then reboot the computer. With iCue no longer running, the disconnects no longer occur on my system (at least on my H115i RGB Platinum + Node + RGB Hub with 7 ML-RGB fans + 2 ML Fans. And the settings still remain saved for me even if I shut down the computer.

Hence I now only start iCue manually to change settings on the iCue compatible products, then exit it again and close the service. The cooler and fans set to Rainbow Wave have been operating flawlessly since, no more disconnects at all, not even with Steam running (which always caused lots of disconnects/reconnects as it doesn't seem to play nice with iCue). I hope this will work for you as well until Corsair fixes their iCue software.

Edited by Glzmo

I have the same problem lately and indeed, since I mounted H100i I had a very annoying microstutter in all games. So ... closing the icue usb work but I have the Corsair Void PRO Wireless I need the program to equalize them. Currently, is it better to wait or better to change AIO? Is it possible to solve all this by changing the motherboard?

I have the same problem lately and indeed, since I mounted H100i I had a very annoying microstutter in all games. So ... closing the icue usb work but I have the Corsair Void PRO Wireless I need the program to equalize them. Currently, is it better to wait or better to change AIO? Is it possible to solve all this by changing the motherboard?

I cant talk for your issue, but the general usb/lighting problem/flickering is not fixed when you change your motherboard.

Its a software issue.

updated iCUE, the disconnection of usb seems to be resolved
Which version did you update to? I tried a bunch and couldn't find any that fixes it. Are you sure it's fixed? Can you run Steam without disconnects as well? Edited by Glzmo

Sad that there is still no fix update for this. Have only been able to "fix" it by keeping iCUE open on my taskbar. The H100i Plat seems to disconnect whenever I connect another USB device in on my PC. Highly annoying since the ML fans will amp up to max speed and I would have to select a fan speed and then go back to my normal speed in order for it to not max out.

Sad that there is still no fix update for this. Have only been able to "fix" it by keeping iCUE open on my taskbar. The H100i Plat seems to disconnect whenever I connect another USB device in on my PC. Highly annoying since the ML fans will amp up to max speed and I would have to select a fan speed and then go back to my normal speed in order for it to not max out.
At least yours goes to max speed, when that happens on my H115i RGB Platinum goes to "Quiet" speed on both pump and fans, which is dangerous. :(

They really need to update the firmware for these Platinum devices and update iCue or do a recall if it isn't fixable.

• 2 weeks later...
At least yours goes to max speed, when that happens on my H115i RGB Platinum goes to "Quiet" speed on both pump and fans, which is dangerous. :(

They really need to update the firmware for these Platinum devices and update iCue or do a recall if it isn't fixable.

+1. As this is now known since nearly half a year and it seems they can't fix it, they should recall this product asap.

I just got myself a H100i Platinum this morning and immediately had the same issues being described - constant USB disconnect sounds ever 30 or so seconds, and no control over the device from iCUE as it was not showing up.

After some investigating some of this unusual behaviour, I stumbled across the fact that my PSU (RM750i) stopped reporting in to iCUE also.

Managed to 'fix' the issue by disconnecting the usb header for the PSU as it was only a nice to have but not an essential item to control on iCUE, I now have control over fan speeds and can sync my lights.

For anyone else having this issue, are you able to maintain control over all of your other corsair devices when the issue occurs?

I wonder if this has something to do with the controller, and if using one of the ports in the back would fix the issue.

I just got myself a H100i Platinum this morning and immediately had the same issues being described - constant USB disconnect sounds ever 30 or so seconds, and no control over the device from iCUE as it was not showing up.

After some investigating some of this unusual behaviour, I stumbled across the fact that my PSU (RM750i) stopped reporting in to iCUE also.

Managed to 'fix' the issue by disconnecting the usb header for the PSU as it was only a nice to have but not an essential item to control on iCUE, I now have control over fan speeds and can sync my lights.

For anyone else having this issue, are you able to maintain control over all of your other corsair devices when the issue occurs?

I wonder if this has something to do with the controller, and if using one of the ports in the back would fix the issue.

Here is the weird thing I have the same cooler that you just bought, it was working then I got a windows 10 pro update, the stupid usb chiming thing started to go on. Then I added the Corsair M95 RGB pro and the H100i fan lights totally stopped working.

Pissed off now after Corsair got all my money on these two products one still is not working correctly. Sent in a support ticket but I am not holding my breath after reading this forum thread.

Built a PC with the H100i RGB Platinum as well.

Experiencing the same disconnect/reconnect issue. Changed fan settings to PWM instead of DC and disabled 'Smart FAN' (MSI Click BIOS).

Strange thing is, the problem is not persistent. Sometimes it does not happen for hours and sometimes every minute or so.

Someone else mentioned earlier in this thread that rebooting iCUE could help and that seems to work for me, sometimes(???)

Really odd issue, I hope Corsair can fix this since I love the brand.

Someone also mentioned that setting the H100i to 'Quiet' could be dangerous? Is that true?

Here is the weird thing I have the same cooler that you just bought, it was working then I got a windows 10 pro update, the stupid usb chiming thing started to go on. Then I added the Corsair M95 RGB pro and the H100i fan lights totally stopped working.

Pissed off now after Corsair got all my money on these two products one still is not working correctly. Sent in a support ticket but I am not holding my breath after reading this forum thread.

I think the keyboard potentially is a different issue altogether, does it work on a different computer? If it does, try a different USB port.

I made progress on my system by purchasing a commander pro and plugging in the headers through that - everything is reporting in correctly now.

The commander is likely not the only solution, my guess is that the root of these problems stem from iCUE trying to rest control over multiple USB controllers or something, and then not knowing what to do when it sees multiple devices. Routing them through a single port should fix it.

It should be possible to pick up an internal USB splitter cable for like £1.50 or $2 on ebay. If someone is willing to try one of those and report back with their findings that would be awesome.

Most modern systems only come with a single USB header so likely the testing was completed with only 1 in mind. Hopefully corsair devs pick up on this thread and address the issue.