Corsair Community

Problems with Corsair H115i with RPM

xejecutorx

After installing the liquid cooling to my PC I can not adjust the speed of the fans even using the iCUE software .... I tried to update the firmware and even then the problem was not solved.

I need to solve this problem because the fans are set to the maximum RPM and the noise is annoying

Additional note:

The product is new

I have the firmware: 1.00.33

everything is correctly installed

I hope someone can help me.

Can you elaborate a bit as to why you can't control the fans? Is the program frozen? Do you select the curve, it highlights yellow to show it's active, but the fans are still stuck at 2000 rpm? A screen shot of your H115i Performance Tab with the fans curves might help us understand what's happening.

I have the same problem. I initially noticed when I had both fans set to Balanced, and #1 would spin around 750 RPM and #2 around 1150RPM.

I then set them both to Fixed 1500rpm. #1 spun up to ~1100, and #2 stuck around ~1150. I waited 15-30 seconds after I applied the change to see if it would increase to 1500, but no dice. I did the same thing for 1900rpm, and both fans stayed at the same speeds.

After waiting a minute or 2 longer, it looks like the 2 fans now match RPMs (give or take a few, which is expected).

Next, I moved them both down to Quiet and after a few minutes #1 has dropped down to ~500rpm or below, but #2 is still at ~1150rpm (where it's stayed the whole time I've been changing settings back and forth).

Running iCUE 3.10.125 and Firmware is 1.0.4, this unit was purchased last night.

(If I should put this in my own thread, please let me know).

There is no clear or obvious answer for either of you. This is not a commonly reported problem and I am not sure of the cause. The most common first time error when using the iCUE fan controls is not actually applying the fan curve to the fans. Unlike most other applications in which you select the fan, then tell it what speed to run, in iCUE you select the speed first (fan curve on the left), it will highlight yellow, then select all the fans on the right you want to follow that curve. They will get a yellow ring when applied.

Aside from that, we are into looking at everything, so screen shots of the configuration panel and more details are probably needed.

Can you elaborate a bit as to why you can't control the fans? Is the program frozen? Do you select the curve, it highlights yellow to show it's active, but the fans are still stuck at 2000 rpm? A screen shot of your H115i Performance Tab with the fans curves might help us understand what's happening.

I select the "quiet" option .. then I select the ventilators but they are still stuck at high RPM

Will it be defective? or will it be a firmware problem?

do you know where I can download a different version of the firmware?

Sin-t-tulo.png

I select the "quiet" option .. then I select the ventilators but they are still stuck at high RPM

Will it be defective?

Yes and yikes! Your fans are permanently maxed out because you have zero flow inside the cooler. The pump may be registering a speed, but you are near double the expected coolant temperature (70C). You obviously have power, so the only remaining reason for this is a blockage or other zero flow state. This is extremely unusual straight out of the box, so it is most likely a mechanical defect of some type. Stop using immediately.

Fastest resolution is most likely to return it to the vendor. You can also go through Corsair by using the Ticket Support System in the menu above.

Yes and yikes! Your fans are permanently maxed out because you have zero flow inside the cooler. The pump may be registering a speed, but you are near double the expected coolant temperature (70C). You obviously have power, so the only remaining reason for this is a blockage or other zero flow state. This is extremely unusual straight out of the box, so it is most likely a mechanical defect of some type. Stop using immediately.

Fastest resolution is most likely to return it to the vendor. You can also go through Corsair by using the Ticket Support System in the menu above.

I've done a stress test and the processor does not exceed 50c .... forget to mention that the problem started after updating the firmware. before I did not have that problem .. also I have a cooler master master case h500 and I have the H115i placed in the front, so that 2 fans of 200mm put air into the radiator of the H115i and the other 2 fans of 140mm take out the air. .. a pull-push configuration ... I think maybe there was an error in the firmware update and the sensor has some kind of problem .. that's why the 70c

do you know how I can go back to a previous version of the firmware to know if that solves the problem?

Contact Corsair through the ticket system. They have the firmware files. Someone else may know a way to retrieve or reload the existing set, but frankly I would have trust issues with the cooler at this point. For now, you may want to move the fans off the H115i Platinum controller and to the motherboard to make this stop.

I have the exact same problem. Updated to latest firmware 1.00.33, forcing doesnt make a difference and tried latest iCUE 3.11.114.

Cant get FAN #1 to listen to RPM values set, 100% all the time(2070 rpm!). FAN #2 works with zero rpm or fixed values, aswell as rgb and commander pro.

Contacting support now. T

Edit *1: Ticket #837323

Edited by jinxxer

I have the exact same problem. Updated to latest firmware 1.00.33, forcing doesnt make a difference and tried latest iCUE 3.11.114.

Cant get FAN #1 to listen to RPM values set, 100% all the time(2070 rpm!). FAN #2 works with zero rpm or fixed values, aswell as rgb and commander pro.

Contacting support now. T

Edit *1: Ticket #837323

Same Problem. After changing the PSU yesterday fan #1 is stuck at max speed. fan #2 is controllable. Ticket sent to Corsair. Hope they can fix this bug.

If you guys are going to pile into this thread, but get your specifications into record. This is a very odd issue I have not seen and if you have a different cooler, then you are muddying the waters. If you have a H115i Platinum or H100i Platinum, note it and particularly any weird things like that 70C coolant temp reading.

Contact Corsair through the ticket system. They have the firmware files. Someone else may know a way to retrieve or reload the existing set, but frankly I would have trust issues with the cooler at this point. For now, you may want to move the fans off the H115i Platinum controller and to the motherboard to make this stop.

As you can see, I do not think it's a temperature problem since the 115i is at 70c but the processor does not exceed 30c ... I only have 2 options ... the firmware update caused a problem in the pump sensor or I have a defective unit or something like that ... I will try to return to a previous version of the firmware to see if that solves the problem otherwise I will have to validate the warranty

Sin-t-tulo.png

As you can see, I do not think it's a temperature problem since the 115i is at 70c but the processor does not exceed 30c ... I only have 2 options ... the firmware update caused a problem in the pump sensor or I have a defective unit or something like that ... I will try to return to a previous version of the firmware to see if that solves the problem otherwise I will have to validate the warranty

I understood what you meant, but I have never seen a firmware update brick the temp sensor alone, so I am somewhat concerned as to how this happened. Since Support seems slow to respond, I might be tempted to use any other return options as your disposal and might do the same with Corsair. The way you described it in your initial post, I thought this was a problem from the beginning, then you subsequently tried a firmware update that did not correct the issue. Either way, I would be inclined to replace it.

Got the H115i Platinum RGB. My temp sensor says 26.8c but still makes Fan #1 run at full RPM. Fan #2 working.

OK, double check to make sure your chosen fan profile is applied to both fans (ringed yellow). Use the + symbol to create a custom curve. Set it to a fixed RPM. Apply it to both fans. Do they respond?

OK, double check to make sure your chosen fan profile is applied to both fans (ringed yellow). Use the + symbol to create a custom curve. Set it to a fixed RPM. Apply it to both fans. Do they respond?

Yep, tried all Fan profiles and custom with fixed RPM. Make sure I clicked the fans to apply. Fan #2 responds to all changes, Fan #1 is 100%.

Until I get response from support, im running both fans from Fan #2 with a PWM splitter.. Not optimal for readings.

• Like 1

Yep, tried all Fan profiles and custom with fixed RPM. Make sure I clicked the fans to apply. Fan #2 responds to all changes, Fan #1 is 100%.

Until I get response from support, im running both fans from Fan #2 with a PWM splitter.. Not optimal for readings.

Actually, that is a good solution and most AIO fan controllers only have one fan channel anyway. There is no good reason to run one radiator fan faster or slower than the other. Since the original post with all that weirdness on the coolant temp, several more of you have come forward with this issue, all on the Platinum series coolers. I don't know what this is, but it looks like some kind of bug. Did you just update to iCUE 3.11? Did this start after or before the 3.11 update?

*If it comes back you all just updated to 3.11, then certainly rolling back to 3.10 might bear some thought. However, I don't see a down side to the way you are running now, other than the annoyance of it not working as it should.

Edited by c-attack

Actually, that is a good solution and most AIO fan controllers only have one fan channel anyway. There is no good reason to run one radiator fan faster or slower than the other. Since the original post with all that weirdness on the coolant temp, several more of you have come forward with this issue, all on the Platinum series coolers. I don't know what this is, but it looks like some kind of bug. Did you just update to iCUE 3.11? Did this start after or before the 3.11 update?

*If it comes back you all just updated to 3.11, then certainly rolling back to 3.10 might bear some thought. However, I don't see a down side to the way you are running now, other than the annoyance of it not working as it should.

Its a newly installed system. Installed 3.10 first, had the problem. Tried firmware update, still problem. Installed 3.11, still problem. No response from support yet and ive seen the other thread, glad im not alone in this..

Ok, so problem on 3.10 & 3.11, plus we have one H115i Pro in the mix which is not going to be the same hardware or firmware.

Mal5305 - On your Pro, try using fixed RPM rather than %. Does it make a difference? I have the H115i Pro and it can be very slow to “stabilize” on fixed %. However, I don’t have and control problems on my custom curve. Is your Pro as wild as the others with one fan permanently maxed out?

For everyone, swap your fans on pump splitter so 1->2 and 2->1. Does the stuck fan stay on the same channel? Or move with the fan. Either way it’s usually a good idea to reconnect the fans when this happens.

Good news everyone!

I found the problem for me. The issue seemed to be the connection between the fans and the Y-Splitter to the pump unit. They were a little bit lose but after squeezing the connection together both fans are working properly again. It turned out this connection is not very robust and can easily get lose when you work on the pc hardware like cable management (I changed the psu before).

Hope this makes it for you too guys!:!:

• 2 weeks later...

So im back.

I did have a support ticket with Corsair. Downgraded firmware, but to no avail, didnt work, Full speed Fan #1. They advised me to do a RMA, but im not in the hassel to do so. Im running both with PWM splitter from FAN #2 port and hope new firmware might fix the issue. /D

• 8 months later...

Hi all,

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I wanted to jump in to say I have the exact same issue on my H115i Pro. In my case, it's fan #2 that is unresponsive. I've tried every setting I can change in LINK (v4.9.7.35), and it's stuck on 1150rpm. Fan #1 behaves as expected. I'm on FW 1.0.4.0

My machine is not easy to access the internals, so I haven't tried swapping any cables, but I've done everything else. Is the consensus that I need to start a ticket with Corsair? I read through the whole thread and didn't really see a solution. My rig info is in my profile, if that matters. The CPU idles at around 37c and the GPU at around 40c, due to running dual monitors. I've switched the pump to performance mode, and I haven't noticed any change in idle temps. Haven't done any stress testing, so once I do that I may drop it back to normal mode if there's no real benefit. That's another topic anyway. :)

Thanks for any advice!

Edited by Elmojomo

• 2 months later...