Corsair Community

Corsair USBXp Driver Keeps Connecting/Disconnecting - Please someone help

needfanhelp

Hi everyone, I'm new to these forums as well as PC building. I purchased a custom-made computer with a Corsair Hydro Series H100i V2 240mm Liquid Cooling System.

Both of the fans attached to the radiator seem to turn on (they're very loud); however, the Corsair logo keeps flashing and I'm hearing connect/disconnect sounds every few seconds. It's stabilized like.. once but it keeps connecting/disconnecting. I've looked online everywhere and can't seem to find a solution. I've tried un-installing Corsair Link, tried installing an older version, and now I'm back to the most recent driver. The problem sounds just like this:

I looked in the back of the computer and saw that the fan splitter (I think that's what it's called) isn't connected to anything. I'm not entirely sure if the two fans that came with the system are connected to the mother board, but they do spin.

I'm so frustrated and at a loss for how to fix this issue :/. I spoke with a Corsair rep and they said I might need to replace a USB link, but this all is brand new. Someone please help me.

Edited by needfanhelp

A couple of things to look at ... and somethings that you may need to rewire as it doesn't sound like it's installed correctly ... something that we've seen before in cases like this.

First, your cooler will have a single fan header cable coming off of the header. This will be a standard, 3-pin fan header. Where is that plugged in to your motherboard? It should plugged in to the CPU_FAN header on your motherboard. Once it is, you'll also need to go into the BIOS and make sure that the CPU_FAN header is set to 100%/Full Power. You can also set it to PWM mode.

Second ... the 2 fans for the radiator should be plugged in to the Y-splitter that comes off of the pump header. This will allow the fans to be controlled by the pump. Once that's done, go into Corsair Link and set the fans on "Balanced" mode and make sure that the temperature source for the fan curve is set to "H100i V2".

• 1 year later...

Did you ever get to the bottom of this? I have the exact same issue. It is set up correctly, its appearing fine in icue, but it constantly gives me the USB connected and disconnected sounds. One min i'm able to adjust the RGB and fan speed, the next nothing at all.

I've tried a different mobo header, and also tried a whole new usb cable and plugged it into a usb 2.0 slot on the back of my pc, still no luck. Don't want to RMA just before Christmas but I seem to have no other alternative??!!