Corsair Community

LL120 RGB Lighting Issue

About a month or two ago, I purchased the LL120 fans (6 in total), and they worked great at first. However recently I have been experiencing a problem with the lighting effects.

The only fan that is behaving correctly is the fan that is in slot #1 on the fan hub. I have linked below two GIFs as a demonstration. I apologize ahead of time if GIPHY links are not allowed. I searched the rules, and I could not find any restrictions for this.

The first: LL120 Lighting Problem shows the problem at hand.

The second: Lighting Problem After LINK Reset shows the fans after resetting the RGB setting from off ("Disconnected") back to the Rainbow pattern I have been using.

As you can see, all the fans act like they are going to behave properly, but after about a second, fans 2 through 6 get all glitchy again. This same problem happens no matter what lighting effect I chose. I have not tried plugging them into a different series, as the amount of zip-ties I'd have to cut and hardware I'd have to remove makes me cringe. Anyway, I will try that if there are no other options. I should mention the actual fan function works perfectly; it is just the lighting that is the issue. I have reset my machine and reinstalled LINK. Has anyone seen this before? Any idea what I should do to try to remedy this situation?

I have also attached a screenshot of my Corsair LINK settings, just in case. I am using the most recent version (4.9.4.28).

Any and all advice or suggestions are very much appreciated!

1064237943_CorsairLinkSettings.thumb.PNG.4234b80ea9f979d54c3640e0b369acfa.PNG

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you tried rearranging the fans on the fan hub?

Also, I noticed that you have an EVGA cooler. What happens if you shut down the EVGA control software?

So sorry for the late response, I have been working a lot the last two days. Anyway, I have not tried rearranging the fans on the fan hub, as I have actively been trying to avoid this in hopes of a fix that is not as labor-intensive.

I did shut down the EVGA control software, and it still is having the same issue.

I guess I have no choice but to rearrange the fans to find the weak link. Thanks for the suggestions mate!

Hey I just made an account to post this, but I have the exact same issue. Same first fan is the only one working, and when the others do, they flash like that.

Has anyone found anything out about this? These are quite expensive fans to be having consistent issues like this.

Thanks.

• Corsair Employees

We've never seen this before, first time seeing this kind of behavior. Thank you for posting the C Link screen show where its showing how the LL fans are selected as a device in Link, that really helps.

I would do what DevBiker suggested, rearrange the fans from the hub and while at it, make sure the Lighting Node PRO has the latest FW version

Hey I went and switched the lighting node pro to LED channel 2 and I am getting some similar problems but not quite the same. The first 5 fans usually work pretty well with the occasional flashing and cutting out all together. The 6 fan is not working at all except for a single LED in the inside ring. Firmware is all up to date according to corsair link. (FW 0.5.104 and bootloader 2.0)

• 1 month later...
I got the same problem. Only the first rgb fan is working. Everything doesnt light up though i tried all of it by connecting it to slot 1 of my lighting hub and everything works and from 2 to 5 slots, no light comes up no matter what

I got the same problem. Only the first rgb fan is working. Everything doesnt light up though i tried all of it by connecting it to slot 1 of my lighting hub and everything works and from 2 to 5 slots, no light comes up no matter what

How do you have them configured in Link? And you've tried putting different fans in both slot 1 and slot 2?

• 3 weeks later...

This is a very late update, and I apologize for that. I just found the time and motivation to try to figure this out.

I first updated the firmware for Lighting Node PRO as Greybeard suggested, and this did not work.

I then rearranged the fans on the hub. I first switched fan 1 and fan 6. This caused the same issue. Fans 2-6 still had the lighting glitch. The fan plugged into the #1 slot still worked perfectly. I tried all other orders with the same results. Whatever fan was plugged into slot 1 worked fine, while all the others had the lighting glitch. My conclusion is the fans themselves are not the weak link.

I also made sure that there was some slack in all the cords, so this is not the issue either.

This leaves me with one conclusion: The fan hub itself is defective. I will be ordering a new fan hub (if I can find one for sale individually), and I will update this thread afterwards with the results.

That does sound like the fan hub. They are available individually on Corsair's web site (see https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/PC-Components/Cooling-And-Corsair-Link/CORSAIR-RGB-Fan-LED-Hub/p/CO-8950020).

However, this should also be covered under warranty. Perhaps open a support ticket and see if Corsair will replace it for you.

• 3 weeks later...
That does sound like the fan hub. They are available individually on Corsair's web site (see https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/PC-Components/Cooling-And-Corsair-Link/CORSAIR-RGB-Fan-LED-Hub/p/CO-8950020).

However, this should also be covered under warranty. Perhaps open a support ticket and see if Corsair will replace it for you.

Ok, I am now at a loss for what the problem is. The new fan hub came in today, and I installed it. Now fans 1 and 3 are working fine but fans 2, 4, 5, and 6 still have the lighting glitch. This is so strange. Any other suggestions from anyone?

I really don't want to give up on these fans, but I'm at the end of my rope with this mess.

I found a solution!

Problem is the Corsair service is interfering with the Corsair Software somehow.

Fix:

- Close iCue

- type Services in the search bar, press Enter.

- Search for CorsairService, right click it, choose Properties

- Press Stop, and in the Startup type drop-down menu, choose Manual

- Click Apply

- Reopen iCue

I found a solution!

Problem is the Corsair service is interfering with the Corsair Software somehow.

Fix:

- Close iCue

- type Services in the search bar, press Enter.

- Search for CorsairService, right click it, choose Properties

- Press Stop, and in the Startup type drop-down menu, choose Manual

- Click Apply

- Reopen iCue

I want so bad for this to be a fix for me, but I don't have iCue (just LINK). Am I looking at this wrong?

• Confused 1

So i Just installed 5 LL120 fans and im having the same issue.. the first fan will stay on(rgb) the rest will shut off (rgb).. but then i noticed it would only do that when i would select a instant color, but if you set up a rainbow or visor or anyother profile for it, it works fine.. hopefully theres a fix to this..

but other then this i love my corsair products!

try doing the same. Close Link, stop the service, and reopen Link.

Let me know if it works

I just tried this. The Startup type was already set to Manual. When I stop the service though ("Corsair LINK 4"), it automatically restarts, and the same lighting bug is present. Is it normal for the service to automatically start back up if it is set to manual?

• 3 weeks later...

I just registered for this topic.

Do you have any updates now? I have the same issue, fan #1 works fine and the issue is on fan #2 and #3 sometimes (maybe once per min).

BTW, can I claim the warranty for this issue?

I got the same problem here with LINK4, just a few minutes ago. I tried a different fan hub but nothing changed, only the #1 slot on the hub is working.

RGB LED strips are still working perfectly, maybe there are some issues with the software.

I just tried this. The Startup type was already set to Manual. When I stop the service though ("Corsair LINK 4"), it automatically restarts, and the same lighting bug is present. Is it normal for the service to automatically start back up if it is set to manual?

If the Link UI is running, yes, it's normal for it to start back up. The Link UI actually starts the service - and stops it when you shut down the Link UI.

I got the same problem here with LINK4, just a few minutes ago. I tried a different fan hub but nothing changed, only the #1 slot on the hub is working.

RGB LED strips are still working perfectly, maybe there are some issues with the software.

Have you check to make sure that you added all of the fans to the channel? How many fans are we talking about here? Have you rearranged them on the hub?

Have you check to make sure that you added all of the fans to the channel? How many fans are we talking about here? Have you rearranged them on the hub?

I have 6 LL120 fans, they ran normally the day before yesterday, I didn’t even touch anything inside the case. But yesterday when I turned my PC on, only the first fan was on with RGB light, fan 2 to 6 were on with only one single LED. I connected all 6 fans to the hub, tried to rearrange, tried another hub, but only the fan that is connected to the #1 slot of the hub is on with RGB light, other slots is down (they are still running, RGB light not working)

P/S: AND NOW THEY ARE ALL WORKING NORMALLY WHEN I TURN MY PC ON FOR THE FIRST TIME OF THE DAY IN THE AFTERNOON (???). It suddenly got malfunction and recovered itself, this kind of bug/glitch never happen before. Anyway, thank you for your support, DevBiker.

Edited by vinhduong

I have 6 LL120 fans, they ran normally the day before yesterday, I didn’t even touch anything inside the case. But yesterday when I turned my PC on, only the first fan was on with RGB light, fan 2 to 6 were on with only one single LED. I connected all 6 fans to the hub, tried to rearrange, tried another hub, but only the fan that is connected to the #1 slot of the hub is on with RGB light, other slots is down (they are still running, RGB light not working)

P/S: AND NOW THEY ARE ALL WORKING NORMALLY WHEN I TURN MY PC ON FOR THE FIRST TIME OF THE DAY IN THE AFTERNOON (???). It suddenly got malfunction and recovered itself, this kind of bug/glitch never happen before. Anyway, thank you for your support, DevBiker.

Oh man, I'm so happy your fix was a lot easier than the trouble I've been going through! I am about to move, and after I do, I am probably going to claim warranty on some or all of the fans unless someone else at Corsair has other suggestions. I am out of ideas, and I am growing tired of looking at these glitchy lights. I'll keep my fingers crossed that your problem doesn't come back!