Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-24-2016, 09:55 AM
awmnawm's PC Specs

POST ID # = 880033
awmnawm Reputation: 10
Default Confused on which VOID headset to get

Hi,

so I dont know much about audio stuff, I have a highish end PC with all the standard audio jacks ( i guess you would call them?). I didn't do much research when I bought my current audio set up (sennheisers 550 + samsung meteor mic) and it has a bunch of annoying problems such as mic picking up keyboard/mouse clicks, no true 7.1, sweaty leather, whatever the point is:

I'm planning to buy the VOID headset thru amazon (for prime/black friday deals if any) and the corsair site made it clear which one I wanted, however amazon has like 5 versions of the VOID? (https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Surro...ir%2BVOID&th=1) why is the "stereo 7.1 adapter red" $10 more than the wireless version with no adapter? Do I need the adapter? Is stereo better? I heard that USB mics/headphones were not as good as stereo ones. I thought wireless is more expensive tho? Im not playing on anything but my PC.

I just want the best 7.1 audio quality and mic quality. Price difference is not a big concern. I don't care if it does or doesnt have wires either. If anyone could tell me which one is the superior version I would be very thankful. I tried googling on the difference of stereo vs USB and just got more confused.

happy thanksgiving.

Old 11-25-2016, 06:02 AM

POST ID # = 880123
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 124

The VOID Wireless is discounted while VOID Surround is not.

Before you buy the headset. It may be best to know that Dolby Headphone is the drivers that make the headset "7.1 Surround". You can read more about it here;
http://www.dolby.com/us/en/technolog...headphone.html