The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Power Supplies

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-24-2014, 01:17 PM
PSU GUY
jonnyguru's PC Specs

POST ID # = 707017
jonnyguru jonnyguru Reputation: 179
Send a message via ICQ to jonnyguru Send a message via MSN to jonnyguru Send a message via Yahoo to jonnyguru Send a message via Skype™ to jonnyguru

I haven't checked on mine yet. After my last post, I went home and chugged a bunch of beers to forget about the forum trolls. I'll let you know what I find out once I get back on track this morning.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-24-2014, 05:53 PM
jlhawn's PC Specs

POST ID # = 707053
jlhawn Reputation: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyguru View Post
Yes... it's finally going somewhere by..... going down the same path we've been going down all along?!?
you should find another position within Corsair because your customer service skills really stink. you just seem to want to piss off people and really you just don't care if they stay a Corsair customer do you??

0 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-24-2014, 06:15 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 707057
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhawn View Post
you should find another position within Corsair because your customer service skills really stink. you just seem to want to piss off people and really you just don't care if they stay a Corsair customer do you??
the little smiley on the end of jonniguru post meant he was just pokin fun.
i dont understand why people cant accept light humor,differences of opinions and most of all,realize were human on the other end,
and no this by far is not directed solely at you but the members here as a whole...

Old 04-24-2014, 06:32 PM
Banned

POST ID # = 707059
Yellowbeard Reputation: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhawn View Post
Of course he cares, that's why he and the rest of the staff work very hard to provide top notch customer service. What none of us appreciate is the fact that 1 particular person went of out of their way to troll this thread which has been a detriment to providing that service to the customer with the issue.

Customers and enthusiasts are welcome here. Trolls, people that are abusive to others, and people that try to make trouble are not welcome here.

Old 04-24-2014, 06:40 PM
PSU GUY
jonnyguru's PC Specs

POST ID # = 707061
Send a message via ICQ to jonnyguru Send a message via MSN to jonnyguru Send a message via Yahoo to jonnyguru Send a message via Skype™ to jonnyguru

Also considering the only contribution this particular user has provided in this entire forum has been to troll me in this thread.

Look... customer service isn't my "position". I help out here because I want to and I feel I can contribute since I've been into PSUs for about... 12 years or so? So if I'm going to get trolled for doing so, I feel within my right to "poke back" or all of the fun is going to get sucked out of it.

I do like the stick poke.

Last edited by jonnyguru; 04-24-2014 at 06:52 PM.

Old 04-24-2014, 07:05 PM
AdzUK's PC Specs

POST ID # = 707067
AdzUK Reputation: 30

...and I appreciate you taking the time to do so.

I'm all out of ideas as to what I can try next, my PC continues to run fine yet all the fan lights remain on after shutdown. This weekend I'm gonna try and get hold of another Corsair PSU to try out on my system and after that, if it appears I need to RMA it, I'll do so.

How does the RMA process work and is it possible for me to receive a replacement first and then post this unit out? Reason being I use the PC most days for work so that would definitely be better for me. Would I be required to pay the postage as they weigh a ton!

Old 04-24-2014, 07:11 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 707069
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

yes you can request an advanced rma,this is an option when you start a rma,,they send the new part to you first which will avoid any down time for your pc...

Old 04-24-2014, 07:36 PM
PSU GUY
jonnyguru's PC Specs

POST ID # = 707070

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdzUK View Post
...and I appreciate you taking the time to do so.

I'm all out of ideas as to what I can try next, my PC continues to run fine yet all the fan lights remain on after shutdown. This weekend I'm gonna try and get hold of another Corsair PSU to try out on my system and after that, if it appears I need to RMA it, I'll do so.
Well.. keep in mind that if it's just another Corsair PSU and not the same make/model, it may not do it. For example: I tested an RM1000 and an AX860i and while the AX860i had a higher voltage on the +12V after it shut down, it didn't stay live as long as the RM1000.

I got really busy today so I didn't have a chance to check on this, but I promise I will tomorrow. And by all means, feel free to an advanced RMA next week if you want to. And remember to PM me the ticket number because if we do find that this is anomaly, I want to get my hands on this PSU of yours to find out exactly what the anomaly is. You've got all of the engineers I've talked to stumped.

Old 04-24-2014, 07:44 PM
PSU GUY
jonnyguru's PC Specs

POST ID # = 707074

Ok.. well, I just had a chance to play with it just now. I had two fans. One Antec and one bitFenix. Both of them, the LEDs fade out fairly quickly. About the time the fan blades stop spinning from momentum, those LEDs were out.

So definitely get an RMA and let me know if/how I can help that along.

Old 04-24-2014, 08:23 PM
Banned

POST ID # = 707080
Yellowbeard Reputation: 46

Start the RMA process, PM the number to JonnyG, and we'll have customer service flag it as an FA-RMA. Between the 2 of us, we'll push it thru as quickly and painlessly as possible.

Old 04-24-2014, 09:40 PM

POST ID # = 707090
pathfindercod Reputation: 10

My asus maximus vi formula did that on occasion. i would have to kill the switch in the back. i have since switched to a rampage iv black and it no longer does it.

Asus said it was iRST causing it.... Not so sure... But it was something with the MB...

Old 04-24-2014, 10:01 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 707096

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathfindercod View Post
My asus maximus vi formula did that on occasion. i would have to kill the switch in the back. i have since switched to a rampage iv black and it no longer does it.

Asus said it was iRST causing it.... Not so sure... But it was something with the MB...
ive hesitated in replying to this thread as the op has already garnered enough grey hairs from this but id have to concur with your assumption as i too also believe the m/b is the likely culprit...

Old 04-25-2014, 05:55 AM
AdzUK's PC Specs

POST ID # = 707136
AdzUK Reputation: 30

How can it be the motherboard if the fans are all connected to the fan controller, which is being powered directly by the PSU?

Old 04-25-2014, 12:34 PM
PSU GUY
jonnyguru's PC Specs

POST ID # = 707170

Yeah... AdzUK tried the fans with the PSU plugged into the motherboard, fan controller and directly into the PSU... so that ship is sailed.

But I know exactly what you're talking about. I see it all of the time. The caps on the motherboard hold a charge for a while and the LEDs stay lit up, but even those eventually go out. AdzUK was having his LEDs stay lit for a long time, which means that the charge of the primary capacitor in the PSU was somehow leaking over to the secondary side caps and keeping them charged, thus keeping the fan LEDs lit.

I can't wait to get my hands on this thing.

Old 04-25-2014, 01:24 PM
DjRavix's PC Specs

POST ID # = 707175
DjRavix Reputation: 10

HM ... I Kinda Know this ...
My Old Main-board had Led's on them And those stayed on
Even my Rampage IV Black Edition Had the Whole audio Separation Line On
And My GPU showed Both PCI-E Connection Led's on green
And that without The PSU Plugged in to the wall
However IF I switch off my power strip those lights would turn off

So A Simple Question here ...
Are There Powered USB Devices Or A Powered USB Hub Connected To your PC That still get power ???

Tags
jonnyguru