Corsair Community

How to check if the Pump from my H100i is working?

Arkanius

MY CPU get hot and i don´t know why. I sometimes get about 80°C+

I just started my PC and the temperature is about 79°C (174 °F). I did check iCUE and it tells me that my Pump runs at about 2000 RPM and my fans on about 900 RPM.

PS: I also changed the mode for the fan so it runs about 1900 rpm but that did not change anything to the temperature.

• How can i check that my pump is working? Can i feel this?
  • Why is the temperatue in iCUE so low compared to my other programm?

Thank you for you help.

https://i.imgur.com/qaUN41E.png

Edited by Technobeard
changed pic to link

The “H100 GTX Temp” to the right of the cooler picture is coolant temperature. It will only match cpu temp when Vcore is zero or near zero. The pump is running. If it were not, that value would steadily go up 35-40-45-50-55-60... etc., until shut down.

What are you doing in that screenshot? What kind of load and how long? It looks like your room temp is in the low 20s and so your baseline coolant temperature is probably around 25-26C. A typical load delta might be another +6C, which is about where you are at.

On the other end, your coolant to cpu temperature differential is about 50C on a 6700K. This value is somewhat test dependent, but a bit higher unless you are pushing your 6700 as far as it can go. The higher your Vcore, the higher this value. Ultimately this is the limiting factor. At 1.40v you might see 60C difference which means you would have to keep the coolant below 20C to stay under 80C on the cpu end.

Hi,

thank you for your answer! I am very thankfull for your insights and ideas and i think i know what the problem is. The pump is apparently running but i didn´t felt anything running in the pipe so i poked the pump a little bit and afterwards i could feel something flowing and the temperature where sinking to about 46°C

I test it and it seems like it does flow but only a little bit and not enought to cool it efficiently.

To answer your questions

What are you doing in that screenshot? What kind of load and how long? It looks like your room temp is in the low 20s and so your baseline coolant temperature is probably around 25-26C. A typical load delta might be another +6C, which is about where you are at.

I had just started the system, i did nothing at that time.

Nonetheless everything seems a little bit weird to me and i will most likely buy a new cooler tomorrow.

OK, well then that is troubling -- especially if you pinched the pipe and then the temp dropped. That is a classic sign of a partial blockage and I am afraid that specific model has a poor history in that regard. If you are still within the warranty period, you can RMA the cooler through Corsair. However, in your position I am not sure how much I would value the return of the same cooler. It will be brand new and sealed, but I usually recommend people in your circumstances move on to a different model. The Pro series has a very good track record. The Platinum has more RGB bling if you are interested and can offer you an easy step in the Corsair RGB ecosystem, but it costs more because of the included RGB fans and more complex pump LED.

thank you alot! I am afraid i am out of my warranty period anyway and if the specific model tends to have problems anyway i will buy a new one tomorrow.

I will research H115i Pro, H100i Pro and will also research some other brands.

Thank you for your help!