Corsair Community

Problems with Corsair H115i with RPM

xejecutorx

I have this issue too.. brand new H115i platinum, aorus z390 pro. Fan #1 stuck at max RPM.

I don't really want to get a Y splitter but if there is no fix? It's just so frustrating, if I RMA the cooler I'll have to take apart the entire PC

Suggest you do the basic fan 1 <-> 2 swap first to see if the issue stays on channel 1 or travels with the fans. Don't really want to take it all out for a crimped fan connector.

I'm having the same issue, if i change the speed of the fans to either Zero RPM or Quiet, Balanced or Extreme the speeds do not change.

As you can see from my screenshot Fan 1 & Fan 2 are set to Zero RPM and reporting 686 RPM when it should be zero.

This is causing an issue with my temperatures

The fans work as expected on my Commander Pro

I am unable to find any firmware images to see if the issue is reproducible on a lower firmware number

iCue version 3.22.74

H115i Pro Firmware 1.04

HFOF9p1.jpg?1

Edited by Robbie_Jardine

I'm having the same issue, if i change the speed of the fans to either Zero RPM or Quiet, Balanced or Extreme the speeds do not change.

First, be aware this thread is 9 months old, is discussing software from 10-12 versions back, and mostly relates to a different cooler than you have. There are differences between the H115i Platinum and H115i Pro.

Second, don't use the presets as a test of the fan controller, especially zero mode. Click the + in the Performance Tab to create a new "cooling mode". This is your custom curve. There will be fixed options for RPM or PWM %. Set either to zero or any other speed to test response.

If it is still not responding, go to the iCUE settings and click "restart service" and try again.

I am aware this is an old post but still relevant and i wouldn't say this mostly relates to a different type of cooler as the OP did not specify which one he had.

The point is that i have an identical issue, was the issue resolved and how?

I have tried restarting the service and created a custom curve both workarounds do not resolve the issue

No, the point was each and every person in this thread has a different problem and different hardware. Some were physical issues. Some were software. All require different steps. Since we haven't seen rampant or even small flows or RPM complaints lately in iCUE, you most likely are looking for a different issue.

You created custom curve, set the fans to speed XXX rpm, applied the curve (yellow) and they did nothing? Disconnect both fans from the pump's controller. Reconnect them. Is this a permanent state? (occurs after restart) Or does it work and then seem to get stuck? Are you using different fans then what came with the Pro cooler?

No i'm looking for the same issue not a different, don't assume that because i have different yet similar hardware that my issue isn't identical. I have yet to establish if my issue is hardware, software or firmware

Yes i have created a custom curve and used the default options, disconnected fans, restarted the service and latest version of iCue, the fans do not respond to any of my selections.

I am using different fans with the AIO i am using 2x LL140's, trying the stock fans make no difference.

I have tried all troubleshooting steps to validate before posting

No i'm looking for the same issue not a different, don't assume that because i have different yet similar hardware that my issue isn't identical. I have yet to establish if my issue is hardware, software or firmware

Yes i have created a custom curve and used the default options, disconnected fans, restarted the service and latest version of iCue, the fans do not respond to any of my selections.

I am using different fans with the AIO i am using 2x LL140's, trying the stock fans make no difference.

I have tried all troubleshooting steps to validate before posting

You really should start your own thread, even if the issue is similar.

And we don't have enough information here to help you. We'd need to see what your fan curves look like and what RPMs that you are seeing at what temperatures.

Sigh. “Different yet similar hardware.” “Yet to establish if my issue is hardware, software, or firmware.” “Tried all of the troubleshooting steps” that are a mix of people with different problems. This exactly why it’s better not to pile on. The entire thread is people piling on and it’s a muddled mess of issues and advice.

Unfortunately that might make a difference for zero rpm mode. I can’t search well on this device, but try Advanced Searching or googling up “zero rpm mode” won’t work or some variation. If I recall correctly, the cooler’s fan controller cannot do zero rpm with the LL. I am not surprised there is an issue.

However, I don’t quite understand what’s happening the rest of the time. There are two fan channels. They can’t both go at the same time or both fan PWM wires go bad at the same time. If iCUE had locked up, I would expect all tabs, pages, etc. to be unresponsive. You haven’t described that. Why does a manual fixed % not work? That is we need to see that curve and that panel.