Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-07-2019, 10:14 AM
Motor_Storm's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1026628
Motor_Storm Reputation: 10
Default Corsair not showing GPU fans

Hi,

I use Corsair Link with my H115i and the software doesn't show the GPU fans speed (MSI RTX 2070 super gaming x trio). It used to work with my GTX 970 but not with this one.

The 2070 has 3 fans. 2 different fan speeds appear on MSI afterburner, from my understanding the 2 largest fans are Fan #2 and the smallest fan is Fan #1.

Do you think that Corsair Link has problems because of the 2 fan speed inputs? Is there any way to fix that issue?

Old 12-07-2019, 12:27 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1026638
DevBiker Reputation: 94

First, you're using Link, which is end-of-life. I'm surprised it even recognizes the RTX series GPU, TBH.

Second, even with iCUE, you may not see the additional fan speeds. Some of these may only be accessible via manufacturer-specific implementations.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
HydroX FAQ | RGB Cables |
iCUE Tips & Tricks

Old 12-08-2019, 05:45 AM
Motor_Storm's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1026707
Motor_Storm Reputation: 10

Well first of all CL4 was the only available software when I bought by H115i 2 years ago (which is not really a long ago), so that's why I have it.

Second, I don't want all the features in iCUE because from personnal experience, having software from different manufacturers that all want to control everything on your PC usually doesn't end well.

But I'll give it a try

Last edited by Motor_Storm; 12-08-2019 at 06:11 AM.

Old 12-08-2019, 11:11 AM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1026732
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107

I can see why you might not want iCUE for the single internal device. However, I do think Dev is right and I am also a little surprised it recognizes the 2000 series. There was also an issue with this at the end of Link's tenure, but it is too many miles ago and I do not remember the resolution.

However, rather than do somersaults over this, why not just monitor GPU fan speed in Afterburner/Precision? Surely you are using one or the other for both GPU clocks, monitoring, and probably fan control.