Corsair Community

Replacement RGB exhaust fan for Corsair Carbide Spec Delta

Frustrated007

Hi,

Just purchased the above Corsair case and am having issues finding a RGB exhaust fan for the back of my case. I get how the front RGB fans work, plug them into a splitter and then plug the 4 pin connector into the 12v connection on my mobo (which I have been told by Corsair will work with Asus aura). However I need advice on what RGB fan to use for the back of the case, as I want to replace the standard one.

In my haste and impatience I purchased a very cheap corsair SP120 RGB pro but through research I have learnt that it carries the wrong voltage and is supposed to be used with a controller. In other words I need a 12v rgb fan, which can plug straight into my mobo. I have a Asus ROG crosshair viii hero. Any pointers, in regards to selecting the correct rgb fan would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for reply. Yes this is a possibility. However if I need control over my fan speeds and the colours and from what I'm learning, I would need not only a sp120 fan pack x3 + hub £40 but also a pro controller £40 I could then use link or Icue. Or if I didn't want to control fan speed I could just buy the sp120 fan pack x3 hub (intake) with the limited colour control device and plug the single sp120, which I already have (exhaust) into the corsair fan hub.

Due to my mobo delivery running late I haven't opened the pc case yet but would be interested to know what connectors the fans have that come with the case. On the case description on the corsair website it describes my case as being compatible with aura sync and also mentions it supports msi and gigabyte software......just not sure how.

The Spec Delta fans are the only Corsair fans that use the 12V Aura style connector. The fan I linked in the exact replacement part. Note that these are also the only Corsair fans that are NOT controllable in iCUE.

Fan speed control, without the Commander Pro, is done via your motherboard.

My apologies, I think you may be correct, if I can get another 12v connector on my mobo, this fan should work just fine as it is a 12v rgb fan......I should then be able to control everything via Asus aura....doesn't solve the fan control issue but thermals may be fine anyway. Mobo arrives tomorrow so looking forward to fully inspecting it!!!

Ok, so i went to order the fan you recommended, which was perfect for what I wanted to do SKU CC8900322. However Corsair doesn't ship to the UK and has no retailers that supply this fan. Now I want my pc to look good but not sure it's worth the price of a plane ticket to the US lol.....real shame because I discovered my mobo has 2 12v rgb headers......Any ideas?