Corsair Community

H100i Platinum Grinding noises/ red

mikeillj

just finished a build for someone, everything worked as it should while here. He lives a few states away and when he got back and started installing his adobe products he sent me this video... https://streamable.com/6gqah

There's a grinding noise and the pump is red when it should be lit white. I jumped on team viewer and checked his temps and it was only at 10 degrees Celcius. Im not sure what to do for him being so far away. I'm hoping someone has a fix for me.

That's is a pretty rough sound, but possibly still just air bubbles. Have him lift up the front of the case and/or lean the back door toward the desk. He is trying to get the pump in/out above the rest of the pump so the air bubbles will exit that area.

If you lift the case and the sound changes, it probably is bubbles. Some horrific mechanical issue won't care about the angle and will continue to sound exactly the same.

Not sure on the red pump. We would need to see the iCUE lighting panel for the pump, but no need to dive into that if the pump motor is shot.

10 Celsius? Nothing in your case should ever be 10C unless you keep the room at 3-4C. Make sure he is not running AIDA, HWiNFO, HWMon or another full spectrum monitoring program. They tend to fight over the same data and cause polling or data errors. Ridiculously low or high temps are a giveaway, but sometimes the values disappear as well.

Not quite like that. I’ll admit, if those are air bubbles it is the worst sounding blockage I’ve heard in a long time. You could legitimately return it on that alone. However, hopefully a quick lift/tilt test will reveal the nature of the issue. If the sound does not change on altering the case position, it probably is mechanical and that cooler needs to go back or contact Corsair for a replacement.