The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-03-2019, 09:17 AM
Mingus81's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1003474
Mingus81 Reputation: 10

Ok, we just remounted the block with shorter mounting screws with no wiggling at all and now the temps are much, much better! Like night and day! So thank you all for your help!
Really appreciate it :)

Old 11-28-2019, 08:32 AM
crldeje's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1025518
crldeje Reputation: 10

Hi @Mingus81

I might have exactly the same issue as yours! I just assembled my setup two days ago and I'm not sure if I used the right screws.. I just took the longest ones (long on both sides) but I suppose as per your last message that you probably used these ones too and changed for shorter ones?

I have the same specs as yours, i7-9700K a ROG Strix Z390-F and the H100i Platinum..

This would help me a lot!
Thanks

Last edited by crldeje; 11-28-2019 at 08:36 AM.

Old 11-29-2019, 01:47 AM
jroymd's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1025592
jroymd Reputation: 10

I have a similar problem with my new system. I have an ASUS STRIX X299-E Gaming II motherboard, Intel Core i9-9900-X CPU, Corsair H110i RBG Platinum SE. Upon booting the BIOS initiation stops with the error comment stating that the CPU fan is not operational. Also, the CPU temp quickly ramps up to over 90 degrees Centigrade (before I turn it off). The single wire three-pin "tach" plug is attached to the CPU_header, although I have tried the CPU_Opt header and the AIO pump header. SATA connector is attached properly, and the fans are connected to the harness. With this setup I cannot get past the intial CMOS BIOS boot sequence. I have not been able to turn off the lower CPU fan threshold because the CPU temp rises so quickly and I don't know if the CPU temp is true or a false temperature. I really don't think it is a mounting problem and I have use older Corsair AIO liquid cooling systems without the tach wire.

Interestingly, in trying to resolve the problem, I replaced the H110i with a simple Thermaltake CPU heatsink/fan cooler and the system boots up and the CPU temperature runs between 30 to 50 degrees Centigrade, depending upon CPU usage. I would prefer to use the H110i RBG, but I am not getting anywhere. I am reluctant let the system run too long at this high CPU temp since the CPU is quite expensive to replace.

Last edited by jroymd; 11-29-2019 at 01:54 AM.

Old 12-02-2019, 07:21 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 1026040
Corsair Mike Reputation: 10

Here are a few things to check. I install the "tach" Connector to the CPU header to avoid any CPU Fan errors so that shouldn't cause any problems.

Double check the SATA power connector is connected. If it's not connected there wont be any LEDs lit up on the pump. You can also try to have the pump on its own sata power cable and see if that helps.
Double check that you are using the correct standoffs for the socket. If the cooler isn't making good contact that can cause high temps.
Double check the thumb screws are tight.

Something to check in iCUE is if the liquid rises when the CPU gets warmer. You can find that temp to the right of the pump's image when you first click on the cooler.

Hope that helps.