Corsair Community

LL120 RGB Lighting Issue

If the Link UI is running, yes, it's normal for it to start back up. The Link UI actually starts the service - and stops it when you shut down the Link UI.

So I suppose this means the aforementioned "service fix" is not the fix for me?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found a solution!

Problem is the Corsair service is interfering with the Corsair Software somehow.

Fix:

- Close iCue

- type Services in the search bar, press Enter.

- Search for CorsairService, right click it, choose Properties

- Press Stop, and in the Startup type drop-down menu, choose Manual

- Click Apply

- Reopen iCue

This was spot on advise! Thank you! Fixed my issue perfectly. I believe this stems from Corsair Link 4 being previously installed, and it was messing with iCUE

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I bought 2 corsair 460x rgb cases. They come with the sp 120 rgb fans and controllers. I took out 3 from one case to put all 6 in one case for my wife. It just works. Perfectly.

I bought 6 ll 120 rgb fans for my case. put them in, worked great. Changed and played with some of the built in settings like rainbow, raindrop, arc, etc - really good time for the one day. Day 2, still working. I shut down the PC, moved it to the other side of my desk, turned it on, only fan 1 has any kind of led going and then almost as if it is barely working at that.

Spent a couple hours troubleshooting - got so MAD about this and decided forget it. Not worth the aggrivation. Will return these 6 LL fans to the store. Ordered 6 SP fans and will settle for those.

SHouldn't be like this. These fans LEDs are super cool. But why make it so irritating to have? They dont work so forget it.

I have been a corsair fan all my life. Between this and the response I got from CS about getting a corsair sticker for my new pc - they said they dont make them anymore, yet I got one in my new PSU... just a flat out lie and lazy response. Much like the design and flaws of these LLseries lights.

and suddenly today they are all back on and working. Explain that to me. I have done NOTHING - havent unplugged anything, haven't opened the case, nothing. Literally. I woke up, came in the office, and they were on.

Doesn't matter now, I already ordered 6 SP rgb fans. It just stinks because the LEDs on these LL fans are so dang cool.

• 2 weeks later...

and the leds stopped working again tuesday (2 days ago). Shut down PC instead of putting to sleep mode. Wednesday they suddenly work again with arc mode. Shut down again wed night , thursday they no longer work.

Like seriously, what is the deal with these LL series lights? Can anyone from corsair offer any help ? any reply ?

• 1 month later...

Had similar issue, 3 LL120's all running fine, then slowly 2+3 start playing up.

change 1 to slot 3 and now the rest are fine and 1 is froze on outer loop...

i suspect that fans led controller is dying

I think I fixed it. Try changing the order of power so that the the node is plugged in before the hub or they’re in 2 seperate sata power/accessory cables.

Have you guys that are still having this issue tried Gavin's suggestion? If you can try to ensure each Fan Hub or Node Pro is the only device on the SATA power cable. There are stories on here of some power supplies not supplying the full 5V. Not saying its a definitive fix, but might be worth trying if you're out of options.

• 2 months later...

I've also got this issue.

I'm currently using a Commander Pro and an RGB Hub connected to two LL120 Fans.

Both fans pretty much do what they want - either one doesn't light up and the other sticks to a colour - or they both eventually update their colour only to have sections still stuck.

I've replaced the commander pro with the lightning pro and no change.

I purchased a new rgb hub and mostly no change - when i unplug and plug things in to this hub they work for a while, but then get stuck on lights after a restart or change of modes.

I've tried swapping out a 3rd fan. This works more often than the two fans i have in my system - but again it eventually gets stuck.

I've uninstalled LINK and iCUE, then reinstalled just iCUE.

I've restarted the services as suggested.

My firmware is up to date on the commander pro, and iCUE software is up to date.

--

Only thing i can reduce from all this is that the software is garbage. They originally were working fine when i got them. But after a few firmware updates / iCUE updates released this year they became like this.

I dont think returning the fans/hubs for a replacement will do anything - its got to be the software.

Is this just a case of waiting for more updates to fix it? Or should RGB fans just be ditched? Its a shame as i purchased the RGB RAM and RGB CPU Cooler and both these colour perfectly fine - but the look of the case is rubbish when you have 2 rgb fans which need to be turned off.

Edited by Farril

• 1 month later...
I have the same/similar problem, made a separate post about it as well. Went through all the drama of swapping fan LED's in and out. These fans have given me so much headache. I've tried all the various suggestions of stopping the service, changing SATA connections. I even reinstalled Windows fresh and bought a new HX1200 PSU thinking maybe it was power related. I tried 2 separate Lighting Node Pros, Fan hubs and I tried a Commander Pro. Nothing fixes these issues with these fans. Sucks. Part of me wonders if it's some weird firmware conflict with my Gigabyte Motherboard or something.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I found a solution!

Problem is the Corsair service is interfering with the Corsair Software somehow.

Fix:

- Close iCue

- Click Apply

- Reopen iCue

Tried this and it didn't work for me.. still having the same issue. I tried updating and reinstalling iCUE.. no fix

Well, i have similar issue, I have a commander Pro and a RGB Hub.

I have 4 120LL fans that worked ok since I built this machine.

Since 2 weeks, I have problems like yours. The last fan on the chain have stuck colors and doesn't give the color animations, just the inner ring works OK.

but my question for you is: Does any of you noticed if the glitch on fans shows up just 2 or 3 secconds after powering on the pc?. for me it starts before going into windows, and before iCUE opens.

It seems a Hardware issue. I cannot solve this either.

PS for All: corsair link software is no needed anymore, just use iCUE, that is an upgrade to Corsair link, in fact, both software installed is not necessary.

Edited by caqo

Well, i have similar issue, I have a commander Pro and a RGB Hub.

I have 4 120LL fans that worked ok since I built this machine.

Since 2 weeks, I have problems like yours. The last fan on the chain have stuck colors and doesn't give the color animations, just the inner ring works OK.

but my question for you is: Does any of you noticed if the glitch on fans shows up just 2 or 3 secconds after powering on the pc?. for me it starts before going into windows, and before iCUE opens.

It seems a Hardware issue. I cannot solve this either.

PS for All: corsair link software is no needed anymore, just use iCUE, that is an upgrade to Corsair link, in fact, both software installed is not necessary.

Yes, this is likely an issue with one of the fans. What happens if you swap the glitching fan with another fan on the fan hub?

• 4 weeks later...
I setup 6 LL120s in September and they worked great until yesterday. Now the last 2 fans glitch out and freeze randomly. I was about to have a mess with the RGB hub and commander pro but it seems you guys haven't had much luck with that. I really hope somebody can find a fix!

When that happens usually its just one of the fans. A good way to troubleshoot that is to move the first fan, sometimes the one before, that is "glitching out" to position 6 on the RGB fan hub. If that fixes it for the other fans then you know which one is bad.

At that point you can either reach out to support to try for an RMA or replace the one bad fan. Hope that helps.

Support.corsair.com

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same issue. Lots of people do. There's little point starting a new thread. It's a widespread problem. I'd also love a permanent fix.

Here's what I've been able to find out from playing around and here are my symptoms...

RMA'd Corsair RGB hub because suddenly fans either stuck on a weird mix color like brown? Or stopped working at all.

New RGB hub did the same thing when replaced.

It doesn't seem to matter what other RGB apps are running (Aura, Polychrome, Gskill, etc)

The only fix I found (PC must be powered up or it won't work) is to unplug all the RGB fan plugs from the RGB hub then plugging them back in. Like it wakes them up. This makes sense since RGBs are only addressed at command until they're addressed again (like they're not on a continuous command where a reboot would change the way they behave.)

The next reboot may keep it this way or it may get stuck again. The results seem random. But it's very annoying.

I'd love to hear of a fix that doesn't require my hub to mounted externally to work or leave the case panels open to get to it each time if fails.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
I found a solution!

Fix:

- Close iCue

- Click Apply

- Reopen iCue

This fixed my issue too, thank you!

JimmyRappit's solution doesn't seem to be working for me:

I use the Icue software, but when I try to stop corsair services, it says: corsair cannot not return the service on a local computer

the service did not return an error, this could be an internal windows error or a internal hardware error.

• 5 months later...
dang, I should have come here and read this thread before I purchase those LL 120mm and LL 140mm rgb fans. I install them today in my desktop. The initial start-up was great and looking pretty. But, a couple of mins later, the LED light went out, fan keeps spinning but the rainbow never come back again. now I am stuck with red rings. Anyone ideas?

MVIMG_20200709_215035.thumb.jpg.03729fe833a8ac2139dca3d65c675d74.jpg

• 3 months later...
I found a solution!

Fix:

- Close iCue

- Click Apply

- Reopen iCue

thank you so so much! it worked for me

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I have a similar problem.

I have 3 fans and the first fan works fine but the other two have some issues. When I turn on my pc the RGB is off. A few moments later it starts working with some glitches. Then i go to Corsair Services, as JimmyRappit told, and press Stop 1-2 times. And after that the fans start work properly. This procedure must be done every time that I turn my pc on and it takes me about 10 minutes. I have tried everything that is written on this forum but nothing has solved my problem completely. Do you have any solution???

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

The issue of just one fan being lit after first install isusually due to Service not updating configuration. You can do this:

- go to Task manager and stop iCUE

> then go to Services>CorsairService and stop the service.

It will restart automatically. And normally all fans are lit.

Also do that if you have issues after you've added a fan or switched fan ports.

That worked for me.

Cheers.

Only the Commander Core uses an ‘auto-detect’ feature to asses fan type and number. All other controllers must be set manually in the Lighting Set-up tab. The service does not play a roll in this. There also is a simple auto-detect button within the Corsair settings to force another check on the Commander Core device.

There are multiple reasons why a fan may not light properly. This thread is 6 pages long and spans more than 2 years of time. Many of the software side reasons may no longer be valid 30 versions later.